Trusted Contributor

Christmas special tonight on PBS.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Reminder - Call the Midwife

Thanks for the reminder @colleena I love this show!   One of my favorite all time series.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanx for posting; at first I thought it would be a rerun but it wasn't and it was very good!

Honored Contributor

It was excellent, as usual.  I was also pleased it was a new show rather than a rerun of a previous holiday special.

Respected Contributor

@lkat wrote:

Thanks for the reminder @colleena I love this show!   One of my favorite all time series.

Wonderful series!!!

Super Contributor

I never got involved with this show...do you think I can watch this new special on its own??

Trusted Contributor

@namaste000 I think you would still like the show & would recommend you give it a try ... the show is based on actual history & the nuns/midwives who helped deliver babies to women in the area of the working docks in London - I think last night's show was based on events from 1965.  

Super Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@namaste000 I think you would still like the show & would recommend you give it a try ... the show is based on actual history & the nuns/midwives who helped deliver babies to women in the area of the working docks in London - I think last night's show was based on events from 1965.  

Thanks for your reply.  I did watch it last night on my PBS app on my Roku.  Loved it...laughed and cried.

I see that Netflix has Seasons 1-9 of Call the Midwife for free!

Esteemed Contributor

There are several books by the same name.  These are based on actual events and many were covered in the early seasons.  I love this series and hope it goes on and on.

Super Contributor

I enjoyed the special.

I noticed during the 2 births, the doctor, nun, nurse were wearing masks(which they usually don't do).  Probably because how close they have to be to the mother and all the mother's heavy breathing.