Honored Contributor

Remember the old show, "TattleTales"?

I'm watching the whole shebang!  I use to love this show.  It's from 1974!!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Remember the old show, "TattleTales"?

Yes, I watch it also on cable channel BUZZER. Funny

Honored Contributor

I always try and see who is on the panel. Sadly many of the people have passed. I seem to end up watching the show. I also like to see the spouse of the people. But that is the only game show that grabs my attention.

Honored Contributor

i used to love that show!

i am not sure if i get the buzzer channel or not.

the shows are interesting to watch, especially when seeing couples who are not married to each other anymore.

LOVED bert convey as a host and as a panelist on game shows.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

the shows are interesting to watch, especially when seeing couples who are not married to each other anymore.

It was sad to read that Bert Convey passed away at 57(?). I was looking up Bobby Van (Elaine Joyce was his wife). And I read both Bert Convey and Bobby Van both passed away from brain cancers.

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

It was sad to read that Bert Convey passed away at 57(?). I was looking up Bobby Van (Elaine May was his wife). And I read both Bert Convey and Bobby Van both passed away from brain cancers.

yes, it is very sad.

57 for burt convy, 51 for bobby van.

vans second wife was elaine joyce. she is still alive and 71 years old. did you know that she is married to the famous playwright neil simon? he is 90 years old now.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Sunshine - yes I saw that Elaine Joyce was married to Neil Simon, when I was reading about Bobby Van. She was quite a character on Tattletales. Guess that is why she and Bobby Van were on the show frequently.

Respected Contributor

I watch sometimes, too.  Sad that a lot of those marriages ended in divorce.  Wish they would do a current version of this show. 

Yikes, the audience prize money per person was sooo tiny !!!

Trusted Contributor

I loved Tattletales too! I've been watching on Buzzer when I can catch it! @drizzellla..You're right though, I get distracted sometimes thinking about who all is dead now! I still love it though.

Honored Contributor

One of the last times I watched, Patty Duke and John Astin were on. It always looked like they were all having fun doing the show.

Yes, you are right the audience was not that small and they got to share $300. I bet it was more work doling out the $2.74 or whatever it was.