Esteemed Contributor

Re: Remember the TV series Thirty Something(1987-1991)?

[ Edited ]

They say that everything old is new again!! But what ever happened to creativity? Can't anybody in Hollywood come up with something new? These people are making a bloody fortune.Is this the best they can do? All these remakes are getting ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

I remember the series and hated it!  At the time, I was a 30 something and thought the characters were very immature.  It drove me crazy, so I rarely watched.

Honored Contributor

@Magny wrote:

“Sixty Something”?

MinNyc, you are so funny, this made me laugh lolSmiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

It's too bad that they don't reshow the original series. I'd love to watch it again. Not interested in any reprisal. 

I remember this show a little.  I do remember Gary's character had one of ladies after him I think?  I do remember hearing jokes on TV about the show and how they whined about everything lol.  It will be interesting.  Maybe they will re run the original to refresh everyones memory.

I would like to see Sisters come back.  I really enjoyed that show.  They would sit in the sauna and solve all of their problems lolSmiley Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

It's too bad that they don't reshow the original series. I'd love to watch it again. Not interested in any reprisal. 

I remember this show a little.  I do remember Gary's character had one of ladies after him I think?  I do remember hearing jokes on TV about the show and how they whined about everything lol.  It will be interesting.  Maybe they will re run the original to refresh everyones memory.

I would like to see Sisters come back.  I really enjoyed that show.  They would sit in the sauna and solve all of their problems lolSmiley Happy

Loved,loved Sisters!! George Clooney before he was famous!!

Melissa Steadman on 30 Something always loved Gary, but he was not interested in her. He did get married towards end of the show, actress was Patricia Kalember who went on to be Georgie on Sisters!!

Honored Contributor

I never saw the first version , however at the time I had two friends that I worked with, one loved  the show , the other despised it. They would argue after every episode, and I felt like I had actually seen it. LOL 😆 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1,

I felt the same about Knots' Landing.  I never watched an episode, but every Friday morning, the other secretaries would gather around our desk (my co-worker Lisa watched faithfully) and discuss every moment.  I felt as if I watched the entire series!Woman Tongue

I watched 30 Something pretty much every week.  My boyfriend at the time, named Gary, passed away after an short illness.  After Gary died on the show, I never watched another episode.  

Trusted Contributor

Seems all Hollywood is capable of doing is making sequels or remaking original movies for the umpteenth time!  Are there no ORIGINAL IDEAS in Hollywood?  

Respected Contributor

LOL And it'll eventually be all about the 30-somethings again.

What worries you masters you.
Trusted Contributor

I was a big fan so I'll bite and take a peek. I won't get my hopes up though.