Esteemed Contributor

Regina King Talks Beale Street Message in 2019 with April ...

committed suicide on January 21st.  His name was Ian Alexander, Jr.

My heart goes out to Regina and her family.  I did not know she had a son.  I did not know she was fifty years old either.  

King confirmed the tragic news in a statement to People on Friday.

“Our family is devastated at the deepest level by the loss of Ian,” the statement read. “He is such a bright light who cared so deeply about the happiness of others. Our family asks for respectful consideration during this private time. Thank you.”

Ian’s 26th birthday was just this Wednesday. He was King’s only child with her record producer ex-husband, Ian Alexander Sr.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

I just read this yesterday, also didn't know she had a son.. Wow just so sad!!!! Her only child! The article I read said they were super close with each other....

She is a phenomenal actress!!!! I really feel for her and her ex husband-such a tragedy. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Regina King's son

[ Edited ]

It is a tragedy to lose a child especially through suicide.  I wish her and her ex  great sympathy and strength to get through this difficult time in their lives.

Honored Contributor

That is heartbreaking news. The first time I saw her acting was in an ABC series called American Crime. It came on around 2015 or so. She's an extremely talented actress.

Valued Contributor

Sovery sad. My heart goes out to her family

Esteemed Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

It is a tragedy to lose a child especially through suicide.  I wish her and her ex  great sympathy and strength to get through this difficult time in their lives.

Yes indeed @lgfan .  

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

That is heartbreaking news. The first time I saw her acting was in an ABC series called American Crime. It came on around 2015 or so. She's an extremely talented actress.

Regina began her acting career as a teenager in the series 227.  She played Marla Gibb's daughter and Jackee Harry was their neighbor.  I loved that show.

Honored Contributor

Rest In Peace GIF - Rip Candle 安息 - Discover & Share GIFs Rest In Peace Quotes, Contentment Quotes, San Roman, Condolence Messages, Sympathy Quotes, Grieving Quotes, Deepest Sympathy, 1 Gif, The Power Of Love