Esteemed Contributor

Re: Regal Cinema charges a dollar extra for salt

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Normal salt is no charge, flavored salts like white cheddar or kettle corn have a charge. 

I agree....but this was regular salt......They are like us (in our 60's) and don't go to the Theater very often, but they had a gift card....

Esteemed Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Normal salt is no charge, flavored salts like white cheddar or kettle corn have a charge. 

I agree....but this was regular salt......They are like us (in our 60's) and don't go to the Theater very often, but they had a gift card....

Must have been some misunderstanding then, my niece is an assistant manager for a Regal theater and gave me the information I posted

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I seriously doubt a cinema cares about the public's health. Not at all. Penny pinchers! Picking up pennies & stepping over $. That's what they are doing. I wouldn't buy anything from them.

Honored Contributor

It's none of their beeswax whether salt is good for your health or not.  

Trusted Contributor

That's such a great way to get people back out to the movie theatre's.  

Honored Contributor

Was the cost of salt listed on the menu board?

If not, they wouldn't get my dollar

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@drizzellla wrote:

I went to the movies on Sunday. I bought a special container of popcorn. It was $11.99. And I thought they overloaded the popcorn with salt. My guess because they wanted to make sure that you spent the extra money for a soda.

But I went to AMC.

The $11.99 for popcorn reminded me of the last time DH and I went to the movies. (a few years ago) He ordered the "special" which was a large popcorn and pop - no price was listed on the sign. It ended up costing $19! He didn't say anything to the clerk as it wasn't her fault so he paid without comment. A few days later because it bothered me I called and talked to the manager - he proceeded to tell me they don't make any money on the movies, so they have to make up for that in concession cost.I told him we don't mind if they make a reasonable profit but what they were charging was price gouging. RIdiculous.

Respected Contributor

I would certainly bring along my own salt! (Even to charge for the flavored variety is outrageousl)

Contributor

The Regals I've gone to have a bin of individual salt packets with the straws and napkins. I go frequently and have never had to pay for salt.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

We don't go to movie theaters.  They are expensive just to get in, then the snacks are crazy in price, and the subject matter is generally not anything we're interested in seeing.  Additionally, the sound volume is painful.

I read that most films are targeted at boys and young men between 14 and 24, thus all the explosions, car chases and, last, but not least, nudity.  

If you do go, take your own salt if you want it for pop corn!