Esteemed Contributor

Regal Cinema charges a dollar extra for salt

[ Edited ]

My friend went to see Rocketman and they wanted to charge $1 extra if they wanted for salt on their popcorn.....

Honored Contributor

Re: Regal Cinema charges a dollar extra for salt

interesting.....our local regal cinemas does not charge extra for salt.....at least as of the last time i was there.

if i were her i would contact someone (either via social media or email or phone) to ask just why she was charged extra for salt or if this is now a standard policy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Forget about just not buying anything from the concession stand, that would be the last time I ever went there to see a movie.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's their way of coaxing people to eat healthier.  I can see a charge for the butter, but I'd sqwack about a charge for the salt.  Loudly.

Honored Contributor

You can buy a whole 26 oz. box of salt for $1 or less.  That is just crazy.  Heck, I'd bring my own salt packets.

Come to think of it, i don't buy any refreshments when I go to the movies, which isn't often.  I watch TV and movies at home and don't eat while watching.  It's a bad habit to get into.

Movie theaters make more money selling refreshments than they do on movie tickets.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Normal salt is no charge, flavored salts like white cheddar or kettle corn have a charge. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

That's excessive.  Our movie theatres don't charge extra for salt. 

Honored Contributor

@CrazyDaisy wrote:

Normal salt is no charge, flavored salts like white cheddar or kettle corn have a charge. 

i wonder if that was the case?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I’d be upset spending close to $10 for a bad movie

than spending an add’l $1 for tasty concessions. 

🤷‍♀️

Honored Contributor

I went to the movies on Sunday. I bought a special container of popcorn. It was $11.99. And I thought they overloaded the popcorn with salt. My guess because they wanted to make sure that you spent the extra money for a soda.

But I went to AMC.