Trusted Contributor

Red Line New Show Coming on CBS Network 4/28/19

[ Edited ]

Saw a brief talk with the stars of this new limited series filmed in Chicago.

Love Noah Wylie and he is part of this show.  That is what caught my eye.  Sad to see he has aged, but still looks great.

This series will be based on the Laquan McDonald incident and the impact it has had on a number of families.  Sounds really good.

Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone interested.  I will be setting my DVR when show is available in by on screen Dish Network guide.

Enjoy if you are interested and if CBS is available to you.  Not sure how networks work in other cities/states.

Honored Contributor

Re: Red Line New Show Coming on CBS Network 4/28/19

I wasn't familiar with this story.  Living in the DC area we mainly hear about political parties, etc.  Drives me crazy.  I love it when I visit my daughter in Denver.

Anyway, I don't understand how they can make a continuing TV show about an incident.  

I might DVR it, but it doesn't seem like something I might continue with.  I am interested in a lot of subjects though.

I mainly like shows (for want of a better explanation), I'd say usually entices males (war shows, shows about the military, some Dr shows).

Thanks for the heads up and I will DVR it.  I like your posts and think you give good recommendations.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  It's a long story ABOUT an event, I suppose.  The shooting and then the aftermath.  Maybe they look at the young man's life before the shooting.

Sad event.  Not something that interests me.  Don't know the purpose of it except to stir people up.  I won't be watching.  I've seen promos for the show and didn't understand what it was about.  Thanks to @LogoFan for explaining.

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

I often say it would be nice if life was like my DVR.  I can fast forward over everything that bores me or upsets me, etc.

But then I guess maybe that wouldn't be great....but it sure would be nice to experience at least for awhile.  Ha!

I'm not into shows like that.  I don't like love story shows either though.  I call them 'talk you to death'.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone.  This is a limited series and probably will be upsetting for some.  The shooting occurred in Chicago where I live, and is still being mentioned in the news because it involves a police shooting of a young man.  I am mostly curious to see the family impact.  I just put it out here because it is new and some may be interested.

To be perfectly honest, I will watch anything with Noah Wylie because I really enjoy him.  I even followed him for a long time with a sci-fi series called "Falling Skies."  Actually was a very well writen series, great imagination.  Wish it could be re-run like so many other series.  I am truly tired of seeing shows like "I Love Lucy, The Golden Girls, etc."  Some of these series have been repeated 100 times over already.

Esteemed Contributor

The series is not based on the Laquan McDonald story, but rather “inspired” by it. That’s the most publicized case from Chicago, but it is more general than that.

Summary from some random website:

DescriptionFollowing the lives of three vastly different Chicago families whose stories of loss and tragedy intersect in the wake of the mistaken shooting of an African-American doctor by a white cop. As the stories of the Calder, Young and Evans families crisscross and converge, a message of hope appears -- it's possible to emerge from tragedy stronger, and it's important to come together with others, not just to survive, but to thrive. Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy Award nominee Ava DuVernay serves as executive producer.
Trusted Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
The series is not based on the Laquan McDonald story, but rather “inspired” by it. That’s the most publicized case from Chicago, but it is more general than that.

Summary from some random website:

DescriptionFollowing the lives of three vastly different Chicago families whose stories of loss and tragedy intersect in the wake of the mistaken shooting of an African-American doctor by a white cop. As the stories of the Calder, Young and Evans families crisscross and converge, a message of hope appears -- it's possible to emerge from tragedy stronger, and it's important to come together with others, not just to survive, but to thrive. Academy Award, Golden Globe and Emmy Award nominee Ava DuVernay serves as executive producer.

@Alter Ego, thanks for this information.  I obviously used the wrong term "based on" vs. "Inspired by."  What I saw on Entertainment Tonight was not more than a 1 minute mention to advertise the series with the stars present.  Sorry to everyone for my incorrect interpretation.