Respected Contributor

Rectify is one of the most memorable series I've ever seen, and was often tough to watch.

Aside from the story, was struck me like lightning was the incredible acting! Some of it was truly breath taking.

The actor who played Teddy did so beautifully, and that was a tough role,

I had no idea there'd be a season 2?!

Muddling through...
Honored Contributor

Rectify was one of the best series that I've watched. Loved it. Great story. Great acting. It's rated 8.5 on IMBD. I rated it a 9. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@sabatini wrote:

Rectify is one of the most memorable series I've ever seen, and was often tough to watch.

Aside from the story, was struck me like lightning was the incredible acting! Some of it was truly breath taking.

The actor who played Teddy did so beautifully, and that was a tough role,

I had no idea there'd be a season 2?!

@sabatini 

Well, now I'm wishing there were more than just 2 seasons! I love this show! It's one of those I just can't get off my mind. The acting is incredible, especially Aden Young who plays Daniel.  There is so much depth and humanity to his character.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

It's excellent isn't it? I still think about it. 

@GenXmuse 

It is, indeed. I know it is fiction, but, for some reason the character Daniel just makes me sad. He seems to be such a good guy, so polite and kind, despite all the horrible things he has endured. He really pulls me in. He's not so bad looking, either!😁

His character really made an impact on me. He never lost his humanity or decency and although he reminded me of a wounded bird when he was released watching him regain some footing and navigate the intricacies of his familiar relations was touching. It was poignant and so emotionally raw and Aden was spectacular and yes, he's quite dreamy! 😊

@GenXmuse @Your post is very well written. You captured so much in just a few words. 

Regular Contributor

I also loved this haunting series - there are 4 seasons total.  FYI, the actress (Abigail Spencer) who played Amantha (love that name!) is currently a doctor in the new ABC series Rebel.  I thought she was also excellent in Rectify; actually, the entire cast was fabulous!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

It's excellent isn't it? I still think about it. 

@GenXmuse 

It is, indeed. I know it is fiction, but, for some reason the character Daniel just makes me sad. He seems to be such a good guy, so polite and kind, despite all the horrible things he has endured. He really pulls me in. He's not so bad looking, either!😁

His character really made an impact on me. He never lost his humanity or decency and although he reminded me of a wounded bird when he was released watching him regain some footing and navigate the intricacies of his familiar relations was touching. It was poignant and so emotionally raw and Aden was spectacular and yes, he's quite dreamy! 😊

@GenXmuse @Your post is very well written. You captured so much in just a few words. 

Thanks so much Mindy! I appreciate that.