Trusted Contributor

I had never heard of this show, but, came across it on my Amazon Kindle a few days ago. I really got drawn into it and watched all of Season one in 2 nights. I had never seen the main star, Aden Young, either. He's really good. He plays his character so well. If you haven't seen it, it is about a young 18 year-old boy that is sentenced for killing his girlfriend. Then, something comes up with DNA, and after 19 years on death row, he is released. The show delves into the huge adjustment it is for him trying to deal with life. I think he was wrongly accused and two other guys in this small southern town are the ones who actually killed the girl. I don't know if the truth will ever be revealed, but, I am anxious to watch season two.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

It's excellent isn't it? I still think about it. 

Trusted Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse 

It is, indeed. I know it is fiction, but, for some reason the character Daniel just makes me sad. He seems to be such a good guy, so polite and kind, despite all the horrible things he has endured. He really pulls me in. He's not so bad looking, either!😁

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@GenXmuse wrote:

@GenXmuse 

It is, indeed. I know it is fiction, but, for some reason the character Daniel just makes me sad. He seems to be such a good guy, so polite and kind, despite all the horrible things he has endured. He really pulls me in. He's not so bad looking, either!😁

His character really made an impact on me. He never lost his humanity or decency and although he reminded me of a wounded bird when he was released watching him regain some footing and navigate the intricacies of his familiar relations was touching. It was poignant and so emotionally raw and Aden was spectacular and yes, he's quite dreamy! 😊

Valued Contributor

@GenXmuse @Sapphiregal , I have not seen this, but will look for it.  If you liked this, you might like Making of a Murderer.  It is a real life doccumentry, and he isn't a dreamy nice guy, he just didn't do it!  I found it haunting, it is on Netflex.

Honored Contributor

@KKWA wrote:

@GenXmuse @Sapphiregal , I have not seen this, but will look for it.  If you liked this, you might like Making of a Murderer.  It is a real life doccumentry, and he isn't a dreamy nice guy, he just didn't do it!  I found it haunting, it is on Netflex.

I did watch that and I felt so bad for the kid they coerced a confession out of by saying he could go home if he said he did it. It was good-definitely kept my attention. 

Respected Contributor

Really good show..

Respected Contributor

@Sapphiregal  Rectify was the absolute BEST series i have ever watched.  Happy you're enjoying it. 

Honored Contributor

It's very good, I may even watch it again, I watched on Netflix

Aden Young is excellent, I also like his sister, Abigail Spencer.

@Sapphiregal wrote:

I had never heard of this show, but, came across it on my Amazon Kindle a few days ago. I really got drawn into it and watched all of Season one in 2 nights. I had never seen the main star, Aden Young, either. He's really good. He plays his character so well. If you haven't seen it, it is about a young 18 year-old boy that is sentenced for killing his girlfriend. Then, something comes up with DNA, and after 19 years on death row, he is released. The show delves into the huge adjustment it is for him trying to deal with life. I think he was wrongly accused and two other guys in this small southern town are the ones who actually killed the girl. I don't know if the truth will ever be revealed, but, I am anxious to watch season two.

Trusted Contributor

It is excellent. I watched it twice.