Regular Contributor

Recommending the 3 Season series called "Broadchurch" a British series on Amazon Prime.

This series follows the same main characters over the entire series. It has many twists and turns but is an excellent show to watch.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Recommending the 3 Season series called "Broadchurch" a British series on Amazon Prime

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm always looking fo something new to watch! And I just downgraded my Dish programming, after a $35 increase,  for dozens of channels that are of no interest to me.

Honored Contributor

Re: Recommending the 3 Season series called "Broadchurch" a British series on Amazon Prime

I agree. This is a very well done series. I wish they’d do a season 4

Trusted Contributor

@Novemberbaby wrote:

This series follows the same main characters over the entire series. It has many twists and turns but is an excellent show to watch.

thank you-I love a recommendation!

Honored Contributor

Indeed, this is an excellent program from the BBC.  

You may also like Loch Ness and/or The Coroner, and/or Shetland, equally intriguing programs and settings.

See also this thread I started last year:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/TV-and-Movies/If-you-liked-Broadchurch-you-might-like-Loch-Ness/m-p/474...

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Also recommend Happy Valley

Broadchurch was excellent as well as Shetland.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Contributor

Thank you. I love the BBC programs. 

Regular Contributor

@Foolywooly11  I know what you mean!! We have Mediacom & they too just went up & the changes they made visually stink!!Poorer quality, higher prices! Gee that sounds familiar in today’s world!

Honored Contributor

@Novemberbaby wrote:

@Novemberbaby   @GenXmuse 

There's probably not going to be a season four of Broadchurch.  Chris Chibnall, the showrunner, has moved on to a multi-year stint as showrunner of Doctor Who which is an institution in the U.K. and pretty popular here.  

Doctor Who is over fifty years old though it hasn't been on that whole time.  The Doctor morphs and time travels and the actor changes (the number of years actors have held the part varies).

I say this because he brought with him Jodie Whittaker to be the first female Doctor Who.  She did outstanding work in Broadchurch, especially in season one as Danny Latimer's mother.

Did you know they did a U.S. version of Broadchurch called Gracepoint? 

They used Scottish actor David Tennant who starred in Broadchurch (and also played Doctor Who, these shows are connected LOL.  The actor who played the vicar in Broadchurch was also a regular on Doctor Who but I digress)...

...so they used the same story for Gracepoint,  promising they changed who the killer was, and they made the great Scottish actor David Tennant speak with an American accent.

It was bad. It was very bad.  So disappointing to Broadchurch fans.   It was canceled after one season.

Honored Contributor

Can confirm. Broadchurch is great.