Re: Recommendations for series on Netflix

@Mumof2 wrote:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

This is not on Netflix. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Sinner. Season 1 only. 

The Five if you liked Broadchurch. It’s a Bristish detective series.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D  Maybe she'd like "Call the Midwife"?  Did you see that?  It's a good show.  

For anyone who might be interested go here to read a synopsis of the show:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Call_the_Midwife_episodes

Just read the beginning though, not the entire thing!

It actually holds my attention.  Normally I like a show with more action.  But this shows how things were back in the 40's and now they're in the 60's.

It's about a group of nuns with mid-wives (they aren't nuns).  They all reside together.

It sounds like something someone would like that doesn't like watching something like we do (GOT, etc).  

What do you think?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can't believe nobody has recommended Stranger Things.

Stranger Things

House of Cards

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

The Keepers

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events

Respected Contributor

I like Ozark. I am still on the first season. Jason Bateman and Laura Linney are outstanding. Not for those who can't tolerate blood and  murder. If you want warm feelings every time, watch Queer Eye.

Respected Contributor

Bloodline on Netflix.  Family Drama. Very Good.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

@Mindy D  Maybe she'd like "Call the Midwife"?  Did you see that?  It's a good show.  

For anyone who might be interested go here to read a synopsis of the show:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Call_the_Midwife_episodes

Just read the beginning though, not the entire thing!

It actually holds my attention.  Normally I like a show with more action.  But this shows how things were back in the 40's and now they're in the 60's.

It's about a group of nuns with mid-wives (they aren't nuns).  They all reside together.

It sounds like something someone would like that doesn't like watching something like we do (GOT, etc).  

What do you think?

I agree this past winter I wanted to find a series on Netflix that had lots of seasons  I found CALL THE MIDWIFE  .Being a senior it just was something that held my interest  and  couldn't wait to watch the next episode.Really heartwarming  they are, a group of young midwives living in a rectory with a group of nuns in Europe .

Just saw the new season  just came out this month so  that is what I'll be watching real soon.

Trusted Contributor

The Fall, Marcella, Quicksand, Safe, Ozark, Good Girls.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Novemberbaby Recently I finished watching two series that are both fairly new to Netflix.  The first was "Dead to Me" and the second is "The Society." Both have 1 season with 10 episodes. "Dead to Me" has 30 minute episodes and "The Society's" episodes are 1 hour each. 

Here's a little synopsis from online about The Society ~

"Busloads of Connecticut high school students head off for an extended camping trip, but a storm forces them to return home. Upon their return, the teens realize that all of the town's adults are gone in this modern take on 'Lord of the Flies.' Their newfound freedom is fun at first, but it quickly becomes dangerous. While they struggle to figure out what has happened to them and how to get the town back to normal, the teens must establish order and form alliances in order to survive."

Hope you find something you like! 

eta ~ I just reread your original post and see you've already watched "Dead to Me." Rather than rewrite my post I'll just to say oops, lol.