Valued Contributor

Re: Recommend me a movie to watch please

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo: I have seen Shallow Grave and Trainspotting (what a weird, funny, and disturbing flick!) but shall now seek out the other Danny Boyle films. Looking forward to it!

Did you catch Brad Pitt in the very small role in True Romance?

Honored Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

@Andreatoo: I have seen Shallow Grave and Trainspotting (what a weird, funny, and disturbing flick!) but shall now seek out the other Danny Boyle films. Looking forward to it!

Did you catch Brad Pitt in the very small role in True Romance?

@sallybusky

Of course! That's a lot of what makes the film so much fun! All the juicy little bits and pieces.

Rest in peace Chris Penn. I don't think he ever achieved his brothers notoriety but I always thought he was just as good

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo: One of those "juicy bits and pieces" of True Romance is the music of Hans Zimmer. This is one of those movies I could watch over and over. I'm ISO it On Demand; it'll be there one of these days!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@sallybusky

I've seen the Tarantino films with the exception of the Django now and I've seen Heather's but my favorite Christian Slater is still True Romance! Since you ladies seem to have the same taste in film is myself if you haven't already you need to check out director Danny Boyle. Shallow grave, Trainspotting, a life less ordinary, 28 Days Later etcetera. Boyle likes to employ Ewan McGregor in his films

@Andreatoo

You like Ewan McGregor?  Have you seen Little Voice or Velvet Goldmine?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@x Hedge wrote:

@Andreatoo

Love Tim Roth since in Reservoir Dogs.

Four Rooms comes around every few months on TV.

Just requested/reserved

Hateful Eight. Liability, and Pete Smalls is Dead.

Don't know El Mariachi, but own Desperado, and have seen Once Upon ... in Mexico. 

Wiki sez El Mariachi is in Spanish. Will rely on subtitles.

@x Hedge

Four Rooms is fun.

ETA:

Sid and Nancy is brilliant.  An all-time favorite.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@just bee

No. I haven't seen either but I'm going to look into them

Esteemed Contributor

Flightplan with Jodie Foster.  I had forgotten about this movie but I just saw Jodie Foster's name and it reminded me about it.

I thought is was very good.  Jodie Foster is an aircraft engineer who helped designed a huge airliner, and is flying home on it from Germany to bring her husband's body home to the US.  Her daughter disappears during the flight home and Jodie has to find her, even though no one on board even remembers seeing her daughter on board.