Respected Contributor

Re: Recommend a good movie please

Having been involved in the real story, I can recommend the movie version of "All The President's Men" highly.  They did a great interpretation of what actually happened.

"The Foreigner" on Amazon Prime also is excellent.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mersha @SharkE @Witchy Woman @JanetsGirl @Shelbelle ...et al, hoping I didn't miss anyone.  Thanks so much.  I am streaming so the choice is broad.  Some great ideas here.  I am off to check out storylines and make a choice.  Thanks so much for answering my call!!!

For those who haven't seen The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, it is a good series I am streaming.  It is about the life of Joan Rivers and the lead female plays her to perfection.  Check that out.

Also highly recommend The Outsider which has been discussed here. They did a great adaptation of Stephen King's book.  Don't dismiss this (like I would have a couple of years ago because you don't like horror).  It is very well done.  Great cast with Dennis Lehane involved in the production.

I am also streaming Medici which Is good as well.

Kaydee, indoor kitty, oznell, deepwaterdotter, iamaoldhippee, for some reason I could not call you out but thanks!

Thanks again for the list and happy weekend.  LM

Respected Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

Knives Out   we watched the other day the new movie very good.

I watched that and had to go back and watch again.  Since it's a whodunit, my first thought as to who the killer was happened to be correct but as the movie wore on I changed my mind at least 4 times!  

I rented Jo Jo Rabbit using On Demand yesterday and for a movie with nominations - I wasn't impressed with it.  I even went online to read reviews trying to explain what it's real message was intended to be and "NOPE" - glad I didn't go to see in the theaters.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Mersha @SharkE @Witchy Woman @JanetsGirl @Shelbelle ...et al, hoping I didn't miss anyone.  Thanks so much.  I am streaming so the choice is broad.  Some great ideas here.  I am off to check out storylines and make a choice.  Thanks so much for answering my call!!!

For those who haven't seen The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, it is a good series I am streaming.  It is about the life of Joan Rivers and the lead female plays her to perfection.  Check that out.

Also highly recommend The Outsider which has been discussed here. They did a great adaptation of Stephen King's book.  Don't dismiss this (like I would have a couple of years ago because you don't like horror).  It is very well done.  Great cast with Dennis Lehane involved in the production.

I am also streaming Medici which Is good as well.

Kaydee, indoor kitty, oznell, deepwaterdotter, iamaoldhippee, for some reason I could not call you out but thanks!

Thanks again for the list and happy weekend.  LM

@Lilysmom   Actually, Mrs. Maisel is based on several female comedians.  This is from a Town & Country article from Dec. 26, 2018.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel's Real-Life Inspirations: Joan Rivers, Phyllis Diller, and More

She's not based on any one person, but Midge owes a debt to a few (very) funny women.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack , isn't that interesting!  I thought Joan Rivers was so humorous but she did have a crass moment or two.  I absolutely loved Phyllis Dyler and I am not a great fan of comedians.  I will read more on this.  Thanks @NickNack .

I also just looked up The Witch on Rotten Tomatoes if any of you want to check it out.  85 and 86% in reviews.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_witch_subversion.  LM

Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

Having been involved in the real story, I can recommend the movie version of "All The President's Men" highly.  They did a great interpretation of what actually happened.

"The Foreigner" on Amazon Prime also is excellent.

Hi Mersha,

How interesting!  Oh, the tales you could tell. 

I now realize how fortunate it would be to sit next to you at a tennis tounament, and then enjoy a long discussion over a delicious dinner.  I'm putting it on my bucket list.

Your friend, DEEP  

Esteemed Contributor

@Financialgrl @SharkE , now that sounds like a good movie!  Knives Out.  LM

Trusted Contributor

George Washington Slept Here with Jack Benny and Ann Sheridan.  Funny jokes and quips from Jack, just a sweet story.  It was on TCM a few weeks ago and I taped it.  I have watched it several times.  Better than the junk they have on any TV nowadays.

Honored Contributor

@Lilysmom wrote:

@Financialgrl @SharkE , now that sounds like a good movie!  Knives Out.  LM

Yeah, it's along the lines of Inspector Clouseau, Orient Express, no trashy scenes, F bombs. Just good ol' fashion greed from this old man's family waiting for him to die and get his money.

I couldn't figure out why Christopher Plummer was so infatuated with his nurse, etc. Don Johnson and Jamie Lee Curtis was funny in it. Just nice to get drawn in to a mystery who dun it and why.

that house on the outside ! oh My! I'm gonna research that beautiful old house see if that's a real house, is it in England ?, etc.  I'm a house lover.

Honored Contributor