Honored Contributor

Rebel. I really liked it. Also a bit about medical devices.

[ Edited ]

Rebel premiered tonight. I enjoyed the show. There's plenty to work with here. Characters galore and plenty of humor with decent writing and many possible story lines to continue with. Katy Segal is perfect for the part; which is a character simlar to Erin Brockovich's. Going forward, I think we will not only be entertained by the show but we also will learn from it. 

Tonight's episode dealt with faulty heart valves. I posted here before about the many problems with medical devices and about a legal loophole called the 510 (k) rule that lets certain devices get on the market without needing to prove certain aspects about them to the FDA. Anyone interested in this subject might want to watch the documentary movie "The Bleeding Edge," on Netflix. It's a real eye opener. 

Super Contributor

Re: Rebel. I really liked it. Also a bit about medical devices.

I really liked it too!  I don't watch a ton of TV, but heard about it on Instagram and decided to check it out.  I added it to my DVR now, so I will continue to watch it.  

Honored Contributor

I watched, and liked it well enough to DVR it and watch, at least in the short term 

I'm dumping several shows I have been watching, as I'm sick of the outrageous level of pandering on the social and political issues of the day. Has totally ruined a few shows, so I was looking for something else to pick up. 

Hope it stays good.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

Rebel premiered tonight. I enjoyed the show. There's plenty to work with here. Characters galore and plenty of humor with decent writing and many possible story lines to continue with. Katy Segal is perfect for the part; which is a character simlar to Erin Brockovich's. Going forward, I think we will not only be entertained by the show but we also will learn from it. 

Tonight's episode dealt with faulty heart valves. I posted here before about the many problems with medical devices and about a legal loophole called the 510 (k) rule that lets certain devices get on the market without needing to prove certain aspects about them to the FDA. Anyone interested in this subject might want to watch the documentary movie "The Bleeding Edge," on Netflix. It's a real eye opener. 

A faulty replacement valve is how my father died many years ago.  

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne .

Gosh @DiAnne , that is so awful! I'm so sorry that happened! That must have been awful to find out.

I don't think Bleeding Edge would be a good book to read-more worry if going into the hospital.

I started watching Rebel last night and it looked like it might be good but I just don't think Katy Segal is a good actress and so didn't continue watching. Like Oh she's Katy Segal playing this part. Maybe I might try it again

another time.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

My daughter and I watched it together.  She liked it, I didn't care for it.  It didn't hold my interest.  I like Katy Segal, just not in this series.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

I watched the premier and not sure.  So many characters introduced it was hard to keep track of the husbands and which kid belonged to which husband, who was related to who LOL.  Will watch another episode or 2 before deciding,

Honored Contributor

I liked it, will watch the next episode on Thursday night. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm on the fence about this. I love Katey Sagal. Her role as Gemma on SOA was unforgettable. My daughter and I were talking about the show and I said I'm having a hard time with Katey being the femme fatale. The tight clothes, sky high heels and excessive cleavage were kind of a turn off for me. I definitely believe women can be kick-ass at any age but why are women in their 60's usually portrayed as bubba's or old sluts? Is there no happy medium? I will watch a few more episodes and decide if I want to stay with it.

Respected Contributor

I liked it.  I try to give every new show 3 watches before I decide.... unless it is just unwatchable the first time.  It seemed fast paced and well written.