Esteemed Contributor

Oh I miss having TCM!

I've never seen Rebecca but does anyone remember the send-up Carol Burnett did on her old show? I think she called it, "Rebeccy."  LOL

Respected Contributor

is this the one with olivia dehaviland and olivia?  i'm sure i have his name spelled wrong!

or is this the one with joan fontaine?  (sp) 

Esteemed Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

is this the one with olivia dehaviland and olivia?  i'm sure i have his name spelled wrong!

or is this the one with joan fontaine?  (sp) 

@ladyroxanne With Laurence Olivier, Joan Fontaine, and directed by Alfred Hitchcock.

Respected Contributor

thank you @Caligurll

now i remember.  i just saw my post and i spelled olivier wrong, and of course, i said both joan and olivier both have the same spelling and pronunciation.  lol

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

I love the huge doors in that house (Mandolyn). I always like to look at the interiors of homes.

It's Manderley. Also, Olivia de Havilland was the sister of Joan Fontaine , so that's why you may be mixing them up.

(By the way, Olivia de Havilland is still very much alive, and will be 101 in July!)

Honored Contributor

@Colinka wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

I love the huge doors in that house (Mandolyn). I always like to look at the interiors of homes.

It's Manderley. Also, Olivia de Havilland was the sister of Joan Fontaine , so that's why you may be mixing them up.

(By the way, Olivia de Havilland is still very much alive, and will be 101 in July!)

I'm sure this poster got caught by a SpellCheck!

Honored Contributor

FYI

there is a new movie or it may be a TV (not sure) version of My Cousin RAchel coming out soon 

And Rebecca,  never enough of that 

Honored Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

Rebecca is an all time favorite of mine, I should read the book.  I finally got to see My Cousin Rachel when it was onTCM a short time ago, it was also very good, but Rebecca is much better.  Thanks for the info!  I love to tape them and then watch them whenever I want to!

You should read the book 

Respected Contributor

That's interesting. I just read the book recently and thought it was quite good. I'd like to see how it works on film. Thank you.