Honored Contributor

Rear Window with Grace Kelley

She's in pearls. What a beautiful woman. She was a model.............

This could be in jewelry...she's a prime example for pearls.

Then I think of Kim Novak. Jimmy Stewart got to be in some great movies, with some really pretty women.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Rear Window with Grace Kelley

@qualitygal wrote:

Then I think of Kim Novak. Jimmy Stewart got to be in some great movies, with some really pretty women.  

some women played starring roles in movies with the very talented, one-of-a-kind Jimmy Stewart.  Never again will there be men like those of his time and never will there be actresses again with the class, the talent and good looks of those aforementioned women.  It was a time that will never be repeated.  Society's culture has gone too far off track.

Respected Contributor

@qualitygal  -  In May, QVC had listed, in the Insider and on my cable guide, a show for Princess Grace jewelry.  Unfortunately, it never aired.  Was sad about that, because she wore some stunning jewelry.  Would love to have a replica of the chunky pearl charm bracelet she wore in Rear Window!

Honored Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@qualitygal wrote:

some women played starring roles in movies with the very talented, one-of-a-kind Jimmy Stewart.  Never again will there be men like those of his time and never will there be actresses again with the class, the talent and good looks of those aforementioned women.  It was a time that will never be repeated.  Society's culture has gone too far off track.

I agree, remember all the wholesome teen movies, especially the beach movies, so innocent.  People wonder why some kids are the way they are.  I hear kids cursing.  Music has curse words, movies have curse words, some tv shows are questionable.  I watch a lot of TV land and TCM.  When my son was younger he use to watch Bewitched with me.  We both ove the characters, especially Uncle Arthur.  He absolutely loves Fresh Prince of Bel Air.  He is 25 now and will still watch that show.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Rear window is one of my favorite Hitchcock movies, in fact I watched it recently and have seen it so many times.  Grace Kelly's outfits are elegant and stunning, she is beautiful and a true star of that era.  

Today the word star is used for anybody.  I am talking about talent, style and presence on the screen, not appearing on a quiz or reality show.  A star to me is a legacy, someone who you can still see in movies through TCM and realize how talented they are, lasting talent long after they have passed.  The people who are put in star cateogires now cannot even compete and do not deserve the title. Standards have been lowered in many areas, so it is true in the world of movie and tv stars.

Honored Contributor

IT'S A  WONDERFUL LIFE and  MR SMITH GOES TO WASHINGTON are still among my favorites.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure why the Princess Grace jewelry line hasn't aired on QVC yet as it has been on TSC in Canada about 3 visits in a year so far. One of the interesting things Phil Katz said was that Grace frequently wore her own jewelry or her mother's jewelry in her films or when she modeled. She wore one of her mother's bracelets in "The Swan" movie and of course wore her own engagement ring in "High Society". I wonder if Grace wore her own charm bracelet in "Rear Window" when she was wearing the light green suit?

I agree her clothing was timeless in that movie. The Edith Head outfits were gorgeous.

Valued Contributor

dialogue and swirling brandies....Hitchcock, you slay me

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@qualitygal  -  In May, QVC had listed, in the Insider and on my cable guide, a show for Princess Grace jewelry.  Unfortunately, it never aired.  Was sad about that, because she wore some stunning jewelry.  Would love to have a replica of the chunky pearl charm bracelet she wore in Rear Window!

OMG - I thought it was only me!  I watch that movie at least once a year and everytime I see it I am obsessed with that charm bracelet.  It is breathtaking.  

Respected Contributor

She was such a gorgeous and classy looking woman.  The clothes by Edith Head - fabulous! I find there is so much garbage out there today as far as elegance and class as well as talent is concerned.  It seems that now if you wear your underwear in public (or even worse) you become famous for it and every bimbo has a reality show with no talent whatsoever.  I am watching TCM more and more as you cannot top the classics.  The stories, the clothes, the elegance - I miss those times greatly.