Honored Contributor

Re: Really Enjoying the Free Movies, etc. on Xfinity

@occasionalrain 

I also watched "Once Upon a Time in Hollywood", but I wasn't impressed with it at all and had a hard time staying interested in it.

Since I'm more of an action or suspense movie junkie, I then watched "Equalizer2" with Denzel Washington and "Intruder" with Dennis Quaid (he's a psycho stalking the couple who bought his home) and both were very good!

I also watched "Mile22" (Mark Waldburg plays a CIA operative) and "Abducted" (war hero hunts for kidnappers who snatched his young daughter), both good to me.

The first 2 were on Starz, the latter 2 on Showtime.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Super Contributor

Starz & Showtime? Really? 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I didn't love Once Upon a Time...either but the acting of both BP and LD was impressive. From watching TV I had gotten used to the acting of lessor actors and now I'll be less appreciative, more critical, of them. That double edged sward thing.

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain   Season 2 of In the Dark starts May 28th.  I'm looking forward to it also!

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1  Thank you for saving me untold frustration searching for what doesn't exist.

Seldom is there a show that I am all in on. This one, I thought, creative, not the same old theme or disappointing cast, bad dialogue, unappealing characters...

Valued Contributor

@KingstonsMom  I agree.I have been enjoying many movies than I have in a long time. 

For an excellent feel good movie,check out Second Hand Lions. It was nice to escape into their story for 2 hours. i have Slumdog Millionaire and many others recorded. 

Enjoy everyone!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I watched Rocketman this morning. Green Book last week. Next on my list is Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, another freebie. 

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Stars & Showtime is what Comcast gives customers as a courtesy if they: over charged, didn't show up for appt.,bad customer experience etc. Neither have anything worth watching. 

Honored Contributor

@Xivambala wrote:

I don't know if anyone is having the same problem with Comcast's service as I am now. The video stream constantly freezes and I'm finding it very difficult to change channels. I've decided it must be due to the high volume of people watching, or their service is going down the tubes...maybe both. I sometimes get a message saying they are having trouble connecting to the internet.

@Xivambala,  I haven't experienced this problem recently.   If you haven't already done so, you might want to try resetting your router (sometimes unplugging/plugging it helps, but other times the reset button works better -- be sure you know the router password before doing a reset).   Also, disconnect and reconnect the Xfinity cable and be sure the center wire connector is clean and not oxidized.   If you have a splitter, disconnect and reconnect that.   I had a splitter that simply stopped working, and once I replaced it the connection was restored.   Depending on which kind of device you're streaming to, you probably have settings there to reset, too (such as the iPad "Reset Network Settings" option).   And the Xfinity website troubleshooting section, or the Xfinity My Account app, or a phone call to their automated services can restart the modem, which might help with a wonky connection.   I hope you find a solution!   Best wishes to you.😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

I am enjoying some of the selections being offered by Spectrum on Showtime and EPIX, but I would never sign up and pay for these.  I'm surprised that most of the movies shown are old and have been on regular cable, but of course, there are no commercials on these selections so that's a plus.

I've watched some movies and some documentaries.  The docs were good - Diana Vreeland (worked for Harper's Bazaar and Vogue) and Pavarotti - wow, what  a voice, what a life!!

I wish Once Upon a Time in Hollywood would be shown, but I haven't seen it listed yet.  Like I said, most are older movies.  The most recent ones I did watch were The Book Club and Green Book, other than that they are from the 80's, 90's, 00's.  Oh, I also watched the newest Mission Impossible.  That was really good - esp. the helicopter sequence.  Whew....

Flowers are nature's way of laughing