Respected Contributor

Re: Reality shows are getting ridiculous...

GETTING ridiculous??????   They have been since day one.   Granted I don't watch them but sometimes you don't have to watch something to know it is sad, pathetic, ridiculous etc.   

Honored Contributor

I thought they were stupid when they first came out .... and am shocked some have lasted so long.

Problem is that there's ..... what? .......   about 700 channels these days and they all have 24/7 viewing .... what are they supposed to fill that time up with that will attract both viewers AND revenue?

No wonder there's so much kwap on TV.

Esteemed Contributor

I refuse to watch K-trash....they are reality TV hell.

Honored Contributor

TV has driven me back to the Library so that is a good thing!

Esteemed Contributor

I agree...the reality shows are so phony!  I have checked in on some, but rarely stick with the season's shows.  I find myself watching  PBS, National Geographic, the History channel and TCM.  I really enjoy watching those old black and whites!

Honored Contributor

I am not a reality show fan.  The only one I watch is Project Runway.  I like it because I love clothes and fashion, and I love to see what they create for the different challenges.

I have no desire to watch people live their "real lives".  When I see commercials for some of these shows I just shake my head.  Obviously, many people today love watching these shows, but I am not one of them.

Respected Contributor

GETTING RIDICULOUS?  Have always been so.  Except for maybe the Amazing Race.

Honored Contributor

Someone visiting me wanted to watch the live exorcism show so I turned it on. There was no live exorcism. The commercial is very misleading. If they started to do one I probably would have turned the tv off. It was one of the silliest things I've ever seen and not at all scary.

Esteemed Contributor

I've always thought they were ridiculous.  Surprised they've lasted this long and brought in so much money.  

Honored Contributor

They've lasted because they're cheap to make.  They have idiots playing the part.  They don't have to have anyone writing lines for them.  I guess some idiot says "You'll take a trip somewhere and fight with each other and get drunk, show some boobs".

I think everyone (I'm not blameless) wants to see how the other 1/2 lives SOMETIMES even though we know it's pretend.  It's nice to know they are idiots too and they have trouble in their life like the rest of us do.

It's the adoration and "FANS" I don't understand.  These people have no talent (they can't sing or dance or act).  Yet people are considered celebrities.  That's what I can't see.  They are idiots.