Honored Contributor

Sitting here waiting for the girl to get finished examining my roof (getting new roof) she's with insurance company.

Anyway, I just saw on TV an advertisement for another reality show about a large family of Canadians.  Yes, you saw right!  Another new reality show!

Good grief!  I think pretty soon that's all that's going to be TV, reality shows!

There are so many now.....I watch a few of them, but come on, this is getting crazy.

I've been DVRing and tapeing shows from USA (Law and Order, Chicago PD, etc).  I enjoy stories and actual acting.

I like some reality TV but not 24/7.....I want good choices. 

So, give me your ideas, what do you guys think?

Respected Contributor

I think we are going to see a lot more of realty shows because they are much cheaper to make.

Trusted Contributor

They can make reality shows very inexpensively, that and the American obsession to pry make them profitable.

Respected Contributor

Personally I enjoy reality shows quite a bit.  They're funny and not too heavy. They make me laugh.  I mean, nothing serious is going on on Floribama shore!  I just enjoy it, it takes the stress out of me.  My faves are:  Mexican Dynasties, Housewives of NY, OC, Beverly Hills, Atlanta and NJ, 90 day fiance, Dr. Pimple Popper, Hoarders (ok that one is not funny), My 600lb life (also not funny), Below Deck, Vanderpump Rules, Shahs of Sunset, Flipping Out, Outdaughtered.  Just to name a few!

Esteemed Contributor

Lots of people like them, lots of people watch them.  I am sure there are those who do not like your choices either.  Change the channel.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, is this the one that is going to be on USA Network?  The woman is hilariously mimicking the real housewives?  If not, that one will be coming soon but I cannot remember the name.

I do think they are getting a little carried away with some.  It seems one becomes popular and then they just keep doing take-offs and expanding the franchise.  I watch my fair share but some I can't even stomach.

Respected Contributor

TOOO manyyyy reality shows!!! I do not watch the dumb ones like  Married in 90 days,  Marriage at first site,  Kartrashians, Bachelor and Bachelorette and on and on and on!!!

I do watch, if you can call them Reality Shows: The Little Couple, Sextuplets show on TLC,   Big Fat Fab Life, 600 lb life.

Esteemed Contributor

@Grouchomarx wrote:

Personally I enjoy reality shows quite a bit.  They're funny and not too heavy. They make me laugh.  I mean, nothing serious is going on on Floribama shore!  I just enjoy it, it takes the stress out of me.  My faves are:  Mexican Dynasties, Housewives of NY, OC, Beverly Hills, Atlanta and NJ, 90 day fiance, Dr. Pimple Popper, Hoarders (ok that one is not funny), My 600lb life (also not funny), Below Deck, Vanderpump Rules, Shahs of Sunset, Flipping Out, Outdaughtered.  Just to name a few!

---------------

So I grew up in that area. The families' behavior on the show embarrasses me!!  Much of it is fake and staged for the show....

Esteemed Contributor

I wouldrather poke my eyes out than watch a reality show, however my DH has been watching vet shows.  I am usually puttering or readingwhilehe watches.

He got on watching Dr. Pol and if I heard one more person say their pet a was a member of the family, he/she is my best friend etc. and then oh he/she started throwing up blood.....last week. If grandma is really sick do you wait a week?

Last week?  If my poor cat threw up blood once I would have her in the car on the way to the emergency clinic within the hour.

I'm sure they are coached on what to say for dramatic effect but I wouldn't go on camera and say that if not true and if in fact they did wait a week they shouldn't own an animal.

Last night some woman vet in FL I think a guy had a ball python.Said he's had cobras and black mambas.  I'm rooting for the snakes. Cobras and mambas are not pets.

Esteemed Contributor

Way to many...I stopped watching the one's that I no longer am interested in and thank goodness for Firestick, I really don't have time to watch the reality shows like I use too.