Honored Contributor

Re-watching "My So-Called Life" DVRd Wonderful!

We dvr'd the series marathon of the old TV series "My So-Called Life" starring Claire Danes.  As far as I know, this was her break-through role into the world of stardom.

She is a very winsome little teen experiencing "teenage angst" to the max.

This would be kind of a mundane sort of story, except for the masterful writing and beautiful filming.

It was made in 1994 by the same people who wrote "Thirtysomething" (Zwick and Herkzgovitz).

At the time we first watched, life was very unsure.  Parents of one child, our DD, we waited with baited breath to see what was ahead for her.  

This show sums up our fears, most of which thankfully, turned out to be unfounded.

Claire.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Re: Re-watching "My So-Called Life" DVRd Wonderful!

Which station aired the marathon? I'll check and see if they air it on a regular basis.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 and everyone -- This is one of the BEST TV series of all time. I absolutely loved it in the mid-1990s, and when I heard it was coming out on DVD a few years ago, I bought the entire series to watch it again. I even kept telling Mr. Lily that he had to watch it with me. At first he said, "Oh brother!" But then he finally agreed to watch the first episode with me...and then we watched the rest of them together as well. Woman Happy

The writing, the 'teenage angst' acting, the nonverbal 'looks', the families, the friends, the lovers and the music! I cannot speak higher of this series. I encourage everyone to get it and to watch it in order. To me, it's a show about high schoolers for adults. It brings back a lot of feelings and memories. And yes, Claire Danes was perfect as Angela, but I thought everyone else was very well cast, too.

It's something I will watch a third time...and a fourth...you get it...it's really good...Woman Very Happy HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ChynnaBlue

We recorded this from a channel called LOGO. We have ATT UVERSE here as our cable provider.

I hope you can get it!

Honored Contributor

@EdithEllenLily

Oh, I feel the same! Thought perhaps I was the ONLY one! (Although DH has always lived this too!)

Would LOVE more shows like this, but for now, we may just keep trying for re-runs when possible!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

We recorded this from a channel called LOGO. We have ATT UVERSE here as our cable provider.

I hope you can get it!

Thanks. I do get LOGO.

Respected Contributor

This show was a big favorite.  Was disappointed when it didn't return for another season.  I guess Claire wanted a movie career?  Anyway, nice to see it again.  Love their house.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

This show was a big favorite.  Was disappointed when it didn't return for another season.  I guess Claire wanted a movie career?  Anyway, nice to see it again.  Love their house.

@LyndaGee Oh, I loved that house, too! So much detail and so shabby chic. There is something so comforting about this series.

Honored Contributor

It was one of my all time favorites too.