Honored Contributor

Re: Ray Thomas of Moody Blues

Good article in Rolling Stone mag about Thomas' passing.  I Googled and found it easily.  From the article:  "Thomas retired from the Moody Blues in 2002 after suffering from a series of health issues. In 2013, Thomas revealed that he was suffering from "in-operable" prostate cancer. "

Esteemed Contributor

@Nomore

Thanks you for posting -- I am just seeing this.

Feel deeply sad I saw no mention of it in the news.

I saw MB in concert many years back -- DAR Constitution Hall -- which is not a huge venue.

Hynotic and talented beyond words.  All of them sounded perfect.  Beautiful voices blending together.

It was a magical evening.

Sadly, so many great artists of that time are leaving us.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70

I have tickets to see the Zombies March 14 at Ramshead Tavern in Annapolis.

An underrated group for sure.  And, a unique sound to transport me back to my youth.

Of course, nothing can touch the MB and Justin H., but it will be fun to see the Zombies just the same.

Respected Contributor

Enjoy your Zombies concert. I didn't realize they were still touring.

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70

Not sure how many of the originals are still around.  Will check that out before going.

We've seen many of the older groups at this venue and it is wonderful as it is small.  Also going to see the Association soon.

I prefer smaller venues now (and always did).  It makes for a more enjoyable experience.  You can see/here them and they are close!

Saw Justin H. there a couple of years back.  It was a beautiful, intimate evening -- just him and his guitar.  The best!

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@catter70

Not sure how many of the originals are still around.  Will check that out before going.

We've seen many of the older groups at this venue and it is wonderful as it is small.  Also going to see the Association soon.

I prefer smaller venues now (and always did).  It makes for a more enjoyable experience.  You can see/here them and they are close!

Saw Justin H. there a couple of years back.  It was a beautiful, intimate evening -- just him and his guitar.  The best!

@Witchy Woman   I saw him on one of his solo tours too, about ten years ago.  It was wonderful  - in a small venue.  I've also seen the entire group many times together (with Ray T. and in more recent years without him and with the femle instead on the flute).  They do sound great in concert - just like on the albums - still great voices and great musicians. 

I've always liked the Zombies.  As you say, not quite in the same league with the Moodies but I've liked Z's songs and would go see them in person if they were around my area.  I think you'll really enjoy that concert!

Respected Contributor

WW, thou I haven't been to a concert in many years, I've always liked smaller venues better, also. We have in my area, The State Theater and that's where I saw the MB's. I also saw Joe Cocker, the Doobie Brothers and Geogre Carlin. I'd been to Phillie a couple times to see Rush, Bob Seger and Skynard. But it was many years ago. Anyhow, hope you have a great time