Valued Contributor

This season very disappointing.  Loved it before.

Valued Contributor

I miss Abby.  And I wonder what happened to the bar (did Bunchy sell it? - I don't remember) and Abby's dog.

Valued Contributor

Suddenly the whole family is in New York? I thought the movie was being made in LA. So far I'm not liking it much. How did Ray get so involved in the cops' life so quickly? I wish they'd kill off Jon Voight's character. He is nothing but trouble. 

Contributor

I was wondering if any of you stuck it out with Ray Donovan.  I thought it got better as it went along.  

Spoiler
Are we to assume Ray killed the Susan Sarandon character?
Regular Contributor

@Grammycakes - I think you are correct in your assumption regarding Susan Sarandon's character.  Is this show coming back?

Frequent Contributor

Ray needed to get Susan Saradon's character out of his life and was the reason for the majority of his problems. I hated that she had Lena's girlfriend killed. 

The killing of the police officers and burying them in Sandy's backyard with Ray's daughter participating was a bit of a shocker although I thought I had seen just about everything with that family, obviously not.  

Ray finally reaching out to the psychiatrist does seem to signal the end of the series.  I guess we'll have to see.  

Odd that one would think Micky Donovan was a worse person than his sons and needed to be written out.  Yes, he's old but he happens to be a great actor for those of us who have seen his earlier work.  

All of the Donovan's are criminals not just Mickey, including Bridget and her new husband.  

Honored Contributor

I thought it was a really good season.  IMO much better than last year where Ray spent the entire time seeing Abby everywhere.  Lots of action this season and I loved the NYC backdrop.  

My favorite character this season was Mickey's sister in law, Sandy.  What a riot she is!

Respected Contributor

@demanda

Ray Donovan was renewed for another one or two seasons at the beginning of this years run.  I think it is Showtime's most popular serial.  I know I have watched it from the beginning.  I do think they jumped the shark a bit this year.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I also heard that they are continuing the series. We've watched it from the beginning but, for the life of me, how on earth does Ray escape death so many times!? I know, I know, what would they call this series then? Lol! An awful lot going on this season, so much I sure got confused at times. But I am looking forward to the next season.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

This is my first season to pay close attention.  I hated his violence.  DH has always watched, he thinks he's brought me in but really I became more curious after reading a Vanity Fair article, seeing the actor's apartment re-do and then reading about his boys.  He became a real person, an actor, I was able to put his character's awfulness into better context plus the letting go of the ghost-wife helped.  Or maybe I just missed out on seeing his humanity earlier on..