Respected Contributor

Re: Rarely mentioned good movies.

I just re-watched "A Stranger Among Us" with M Griffin

It shows some traditions I did not know about while telling a crime story with a little love thrown in also.  Loved it!

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@cookinfreak wrote:

One of my all time favorite movies is Same Time Next Year. Alan Alda and I can't think of the womans name right now.

cookin

speaking of alan alda......one of my favorites of his was THE FOUR SEASONS which had a wonderful ensemble cast.

another favorite that no one mentions anymore is JAGGED EDGE with jeff bridges and glenn close. a wonderful thriller that keeps you guessing until the end.

I loved Jagged Edge.  I watched it 3 times-stellar!!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox, for many years, watching Indian Summer was an annual Labor Day event for me - as was watching While You Were Sleeping between Christmas and New Years.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG

I just love that movie so much, it always brings tears to my eyes at the end of the movie

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NAES1 wrote:

@Pearlee

Hello to a dear lady from our movies. I have certainly missed YOU

and your critiques.

I trust that you are doing better than ever. Woman Happy

I am always interested when you post for your movie selections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@NAES1  Thank you, and wishing you very happy holidays.  Nice to see you posting! Smiley Happy

I 've been seeing the Sabrina remake on one of my cable stations (not the one mentioned above though) and I saw it when it first came out in the theaters.  Although I liked it more than I thought I would when I saw it at the theater, I've always thought Ford is horribly miscast in it - never believable.   It's not possible to make Harrison Ford look like a nerdy loser when it comes to women.   Badly miscast!  I still like the film though and love the scene when Greg Kinear doesn't recognize Sabrina as Sabrina after her transformation.  Cute scene that I always stop and watch whenI flip by and see that the film is on.

Thanks to whatever moderator was reading this thread. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@sarnrse wrote:

Black Widow with Debra Winger and Theresa Russell - made in 1987 still plays well today 

Another Debra Winger favorite - Betrayed with Tom Berenger 

@sarnrse  Those are indeed to good rarely mentioned films!    However, I can't watched Betrayed any more - it's way too disturbing, even if it does feature Berenger at his very hunkiest.  

Trusted Contributor

A River Runs Through It

I loved this film when it came out in 1992. 

This was the first film I remember with Brad Pitt playing the

main character.

It is based on a biography written by Norman MacLean.

The setting is Montana, and fly fishing is central in how the

family competes and communicates.

Director:  Robert Redford

Trusted Contributor

"Labor Day" (2014) - Kate Winslet & Josh Brolin

Very slow movie, the reviews were very poor and it didn't do well in the theatres. 

However, I stayed with it ... while I was sick and shopping on-line on Thursday/Thanksgiving ... and was pleased that I did.

~

I understand the book is good and I hope to read it in the coming year.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan in California wrote:

A River Runs Through It

I loved this film when it came out in 1992. 

This was the first film I remember with Brad Pitt playing the

main character.

It is based on a biography written by Norman MacLean.

The setting is Montana, and fly fishing is central in how the family competes and communicates.

Director:  Robert Redford

@Susan in California, Yes, this is a good movie.

It was beautifully made and photographed.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@NAES1 wrote:

@Pearlee

Hello to a dear lady from our movies. I have certainly missed YOU

and your critiques.

I trust that you are doing better than ever. Woman Happy

I am always interested when you post for your movie selections!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@NAES1  Thank you, and wishing you very happy holidays.  Nice to see you posting! Smiley Happy

I 've been seeing the Sabrina remake on one of my cable stations (not the one mentioned above though) and I saw it when it first came out in the theaters.  Although I liked it more than I thought I would when I saw it at the theater, I've always thought Ford is horribly miscast in it - never believable.   It's not possible to make Harrison Ford look like a nerdy loser when it comes to women.   Badly miscast!  I still like the film though and love the scene when Greg Kinear doesn't recognize Sabrina as Sabrina after her transformation.  Cute scene that I always stop and watch whenI flip by and see that the film is on.

Thanks to whatever moderator was reading this thread. Smiley Happy

Woman Happy @Pearlee ~  ~  ~ 

Thank you, Pearley ~ your kind holiday wish was greatly appreciated ..and we did have a beautiful day, also, I trust that you were equally having a most wonderful day, too. 

I do agree, as mentioned above, Harrison Ford was not 'the one' for this particular remaking of a classic, although I may be __ very biased__, not watching much of him in..`` or of any movie. We each have our different views of many quality actors. 

Personally, I never thought, (with exception) that 'any' classic WAS or will be as good as the original.

*** The one I did like, as a remake, would be An Affair to Remember.

I saw the original ..Sabrina.. about  9 years ago on TWC.

Having >  no idea when this was made, but know it was not in a theatre; must have been very young? So wonderful to see you , again on The Movies. You always give such interesting `TAKES` on clips that I may have missed.

@             I'll be here again, for the best movies. I appreciate when @Oznell takes valuable time to have these little fun ....what's next..and we chime in with different trivia critiques. 

Just a lot of fun...I'm not here each time but do try to read, " then Catch Up".

Take care my friend.. As Oznell and I often say:

See you at the movies..and YOU BE there -too !Heart~        NAES

Did not understand why you mentioned the moderator, though?  (??)  !!

Mmm uh, a troll- OR you know, - -didn't like the (HAAA) movie? If so, then glad anything being unkind is removed or closed. Sad that posters do that it seems quite frequently.