Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rarely mentioned good movies.

[ Edited ]

@software wrote:

Sean Penn & Tim Robbins were outstanding in Mystic River. 

Directed by Clint Eastwood

Just about any Clint Eastwood movie is a good bet.

@software....Yes...another fantastic movie....very powerful!

Another one of my favorite movies by Clint Eastwood is "The Bridges Of Madison County".....I absolutely love this movie and we got to see a more romantic, softer side of Clint....I thought that he and Meryl Streep were wonderful together!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Esteemed Contributor

Good Will Hunting....Matt Damon & Robin Williams

Primal Fear....Richard Gere & Ed Norton

Shutter Island....Leonardo DiCaprio

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Occasional Contributor

Not without my daughter with Sallly Field - engrossing true story

Places in the heart with Sally Field

An eye for an eye - another sally field

Sally Field has an amazing body of work.  I feel she is one of the most underrated actresses in Hollywood 

Honored Contributor

@sarnrse

Places in the Heart is worth seeing.  Great characters, great cast.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Primal Fear was so good, and I was so angry when Edward Norton did not win the Oscar for his role, and instead it went to Cuba Gooding, Jr..That movie was excellent, and so was Shutter Island-Leo is an excellent actor as well....Mark Ruffalo was really good in that too!.

Honored Contributor

Shutter Island!!

Great movie.

@MyShadowLove wrote:

Honored Contributor

CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

wildflowers wrote:

Primal Fear was so good, and I was so angry when Edward Norton did not win the Oscar for his role, and instead it went to Cuba Gooding, Jr..That movie was excellent, and so was Shutter Island-Leo is an excellent actor as well....Mark Ruffalo was really good in that too!.

I have to agree with you on the Oscar thing.  Norton was brilliant.   The movie with Cuba Gooding Jr and Tom Cruise (the name of the movie eludes me at the moment) was ok - pretty much a cute fluff piece - but nothing in the story or the acting was really great, IMO.   I like both actors just fine.  But I never would have imagined an Academy Award was warranted.  Norton got robbed for sure.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

"Being There" - based on the Jerzy Kosinski novel, starring Peter Sellers and Shirley MacLaine.  My ever favorite always favorite movie of all time.

@Woman Happy and a huge Heart for you,   @Sweetbay magnolia,

Hello -Hello,

Browsing through for replies, I needed to (cordially) get back ..answering when I muffled through this this one particular topic -old or maybe not known about movie.  I, also have at least four. Later, again! We can compare.

Firstly, "I" MUST tell you I have a noted message from my husband to you from 5 months ago +..ref: Phil W. I will definitely be in touch soon some sax information, and sax artists; the Greats of jazz, later..sharing what my husband thought or did when Phil was his (prodigy / influence) earlier and never had change.

My husband does, and finally mastered his sound.

I knew very little of what he was explaining to me, but knew YOU would..LATER we talk..

Now, to this movie: myself and very creative artist (musical) husband adores this movie. Myself being an art major, along with graphologist in design, being able to decode handwriting, ( and you may have known me as a med clinical teacher ) can sum up this movie for the more so higher intellectually musically..> to understand. 

You have to have been there all your life from, what you have told me (music) and I relayed back to my husband.

He: Two conservatories and a natural at age 3.

The movie is exactly as life is.. ``` and is fast approaching  what is happening, now.

If, anyone else, ... and so far you have been the only one to know or (hopefully) understand the completing of a genius actor and writer. 

Will return later and read the noted bits of something that he sent to you personally. No question asked of you..just some of his this that and whatever, he knew you would like to hear.

I comprehend  (maybe ) 30% of what he had to explain, but no actually total wisdom, BUT definitely now, {{know}} what Phil was to he, as a friend -even though being so much older..but they compared notes to  "T". 

I am careful not to mention info. that mentions anyone's name but know you would know...much better than I, `` by ninety percent.   **I know quite a lot, now. 

HAD TO TELL YOU - WE  __THREE__ SHARE THE SAME MOVIE, ALONG WITH THE SAME GENUIS / MUSIC THAT I AM ALMOST CERTAIN VERY FEW KNOW OF 'OR' WILL EVER.   

LATER,

NAES

@                                         C/O  @Sweetbay magnolia   (not taking 'CHANCE' for u to not receive)

Esteemed Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia,

when tying so quickly having, limited time,  'there is a OOps'; meaning

MY (H) was a prodigy of PW's..

Laughing here, ..DEFINITELY not the other way .................Woman Wink

NAES

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@MyShadowLove wrote:

I have to agree with you on the Oscar thing.  Norton was brilliant.   The movie with Cuba Gooding Jr and Tom Cruise (the name of the movie eludes me at the moment) was ok - pretty much a cute fluff piece - but nothing in the story or the acting was really great, IMO.   I like both actors just fine.  But I never would have imagined an Academy Award was warranted.  Norton got robbed for sure.

Primal Fear is an excellent film.  That near-the-end scene, where the "surprise" is revealed, has one of the best pieces of acting I've ever seen.   After I saw that when it was first in the theaters, I thought  about Norton, "who is that guy?  He was terrific - wow."