Honored Contributor

Re: Rarely mentioned good movies.

Nick Nolte....I'll Do Anything.  Honestly, it's hardly ever shown, and the little girl in this show, is fabulous!!!! Whittni Wright. Such a good show and story.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

One I watched not too long ago from 1985 called Jagged Edge with Jeff Bridges and Glenn Close. Great suspenseful movie. 

Two more I love are Australian films, Rabbit Proof Fence and The Castle. Both great movies with completely different genres.

Jagged Edge was so phenomenal!!!!! Jeff Bridges was superb as well as Glenn Close. The whole cast was great....Excellent movie, and I also agree with Body Heat-Kathleen Turner was at her most beautiful and she played that part to perfection! I think that Jeff Bridges is a very underrated actor. I have seen him in so many movies and he is so good in every role.......

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

One I watched not too long ago from 1985 called Jagged Edge with Jeff Bridges and Glenn Close. Great suspenseful movie. 

Two more I love are Australian films, Rabbit Proof Fence and The Castle. Both great movies with completely different genres.

@Irshgrl31201  The Jagged Edge - great choice!   I love that film and it doesn't ever seem to have gotten much mention, so it's great to mention on this thread.   Everyone was so good in that, and the film was so suspensful - did he, or didn't he?  Jeff B. was at his hunkiest too.  I love that film and watch it every time it's on TV.   I originally saw it at the movies when it first came out.  Loved Robert Loggia in that too.

Loved Robert Loggia's last comment in the movie"**** him, they was trash"......It was delivered so well......He was also excellent in that movie! 

Respected Contributor

Some that are mentioned:

A Few Good Men

A Time to Kill

Rain Man

Tootsie

Kramer VS Kramer

I still love Dustin Hoffman.

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Some that are mentioned:

A Few Good Men

A Time to Kill

Rain Man

Tootsie

Kramer VS Kramer

A Time to Kill was one of the more accurate portrayals of life in the South at that time.

Not a pleasant subject matter but accurate.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

Some that are mentioned:

A Few Good Men

A Time to Kill

Rain Man

Tootsie

Kramer VS Kramer

A Time to Kill was one of the more accurate portrayals of life in the South at that time.

Not a pleasant subject matter but accurate.

@software...Matthew McConaughey was outstanding in his role as defense attorney and his closing statement was so very powerful and emotional....excellent performance and movie!

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

I just watched 'A Time to Kill' yesterday.  Hadn't seen it, if at all, for many years.  Greawt movie.

If anybody is looking for it, Amazon Prime has it so you can stream to your tv for free.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Jackhound Mom wrote:

I thought of 3 more.

Mickey Roarke (sorry if I misspelled)

9 1/2 Weeks

The Wrestler

Johnny Handsome

If you haven't seen the last one I highly recommend it!

He makes my heart pound Woman Wink

Another Roarke movie that I've heard little about, even when it was first out (I saw it at the theater then) is Angel Heart.   It's really good, esp. the ending, although it was quite scary.

Super Contributor

Oh Yes!  I loved "Slingblade"!!!

Honored Contributor

Sean Penn & Tim Robbins were outstanding in Mystic River.

Directed by Clint Eastwood

Just about any Clint Eastwood movie is a good bet.