Honored Contributor

Anyone watching this crime thriller? It just started on AMC. Sort of reminds me of NBC's Hannibal where there are gruesome crimes committed. This series was premiered on AMC+ in 2021 but is now being shown on regular AMC. So far I like it. The only actor I recognize is Lucy Hale from Pretty Little Liars.

images.jpg

Respected Contributor

Thanks.  Will be watching.

Respected Contributor

PS  Have been watching Yellowstone and are ok with that.

Honored Contributor

Never heard of this series.  Had to look it up.  The synopsis sounds like my kind of series.  Added it to On Demand.  Appears AMC has already shown episode 1.

Per Wiki:  The series follows the murder of six people who have been dismembered and sewn into the shape of a grotesque body, "The Ragdoll". As detectives begin to investigate, the killer begins to taunt them. 

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

I tried to watch it, but between the British accents and the loud background music interfering with the dialog, I gave up after about 45 minutes. Didn't want to go to closed captioning. It did look interesting though.

Honored Contributor

I finally watched the 1st episode.  It was pretty good. What I didn't like was I had a hard time w/the thick British accents & the background noises as Dragonfly previoiusly pointed out.  I had to revert to cc around the middle of the show as I was getting confused about what was happening & being said.  Then had to go to the clip notes to make sure what cc was stating was correct. Smiley Frustrated

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ragdoll on AMC

[ Edited ]

After watching the 1st episode, I was not sure that I would watch more, however decided to tape the series .So, glade I did . The actors are really good in their roles  and I understand more abt the  3 main characters . Interesting how the main character , Nathan Rose goes back to flashbacks of  when he was  hospitalized at the psychiatric facility . With 2 episodes left  , It will be interesting to  understand  if Rose set off this  Ragdoll killer in killing so many involved in the  original murder case that Rose had investigated.

Honored Contributor

I watched the first three episodes and they were good. But it was just too difficult for me to understand the speaking and I'm not good at reading captions. I get distracted and lose track. So I'm no longer watching the series. It was good but difficult to continue watching.