Respected Contributor

I finally caught a couple episodes of RR's new 30 Minute Meals show and was so disappointed.  Nothing like the original.  In one of the episodes I saw, her husband was on and just didn't add too much to the show.  He made drinks and she kept on about what a great mixologist he is.  Also that he's a lawyer, has a band, etc.  Was she promoting him?  When Rachael prepared the food, she'd come out with a squeal after each addition.  Like I said, nothing like the original.  JMO.

Trusted Contributor

I haven't seen her new show, sorry they brought it back...don't care for her at all.

Frequent Contributor

I agree! It is strange and boy she's changed over the years.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone else think it looks "home made?"  The production value is so low, it looks like someone with a video cam just recorded it in her kitchen.

And she talks and talks and yells. . . just strange isn't it?  

Respected Contributor

I completely agree with the OP.    I always loved Rachael's previous 30 Minute Meals and was excited to see a new rendition of this show.     What a disappointment.   Not only are the menu choices unappealing to me but the list of ingredients she uses would run my food budget to the hilt.

I also can't stand how silly she is acting.   The comments she makes to and about the food are just ridiculous.    I know she's trying to be cutesy but it doesn't add anything to the show.   

I really enjoyed Rachael Ray when she first came upon the scene but it seems that with each year she achieved success  and popularity she became more irritating.    

I miss the Rachael from her Dining on $10.00 a Day shows.   She was enjoyable to watch in those days.

Trusted Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

I completely agree with the OP.    I always loved Rachael's previous 30 Minute Meals and was excited to see a new rendition of this show.     What a disappointment.   Not only are the menu choices unappealing to me but the list of ingredients she uses would run my food budget to the hilt.

I also can't stand how silly she is acting.   The comments she makes to and about the food are just ridiculous.    I know she's trying to be cutesy but it doesn't add anything to the show.   

I really enjoyed Rachael Ray when she first came upon the scene but it seems that with each year she achieved success  and popularity she became more irritating.    

I miss the Rachael from her Dining on $10.00 a Day shows.   She was enjoyable to watch in those days.

I also register my huge disappointment in what was once a cute and clever show giving tips that I use to this day (like how to cut an onion).

Rachael's appearance has changed significantly and that may be based upon the food choices and presentations she uses in the show.  I agree with the high cost of the dishes she slaps together but also reference the richness and calorie-laden ingredients in most of the dishes.  A last comment on her hygiene in the kitchen:  I've seen her touch her hair, then proceed to prepare ingredients with her bare hands and then touch her sweater.

In all, the show is a disaster and I already deleted all the episodes from my DVR.  

Honored Contributor

It's a shame, I used to love her shows and enjoyed her on the Q. It seems when she became popular and very rich her personality changed. I think she must be under a lot of pressure to make things go, so to speak and that may be why she's changed so.

Honored Contributor

I just hope she's making good healthy meals for a change. She could use a few herself. Sad how she's put on so much weight. I see so many 'chefs' on tv any channel and they really put on the poundage. There are few who cook really great more healthy meals.

Respected Contributor

I've watched this new show a few times, and although it is different from her previous ones, I do like watching it more then some of the other Food Network offerings. You should see just how fast I can change the channel the minute I hear Guy Fieri's voice. Ha! 

I do have one observation about Rachel's new show that I would like to know if others have noticed. When they do a close up of her hands chopping food or whatever, I notice shaking. I can't figure out if this is her hands shaking or if they have some kind of cheap camera action going on. Could be the later. Has anyone else noticed this? 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray's New Show

[ Edited ]

Except for Ina, I am tired of watching the same thing on the Food Network every week.  Certainly they can find other chefs or experienced cooks who could had to the programming.  That is why I watch PBS, because their cooking shows have more interesting shows.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!