Honored Contributor

She spoke about how the fire in her home started and what she lost, I am not sure I heard where she is filming the show currently

I am glad she and her husband and fur baby are safe but they lost all, I am not sure how I would of dealt with this situation 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray Premier Show

@I am still oxox  I didn't see this show but I read that the fire started in a chimney.  Is that what Rachel said caused the fire?  

You never know what to believe when you read it on the internet.  

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  I watched just over half of the show, and I understand that she is living and filming in her guest house.  A fire is devastating, so she is very lucky to have survived.  Things can be replaced.  

I actually like this kitchen better than the one in her original home.  The other kitchen just seemed so dark to me, while the one that she is now filming in looks so much brighter.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Trusted Contributor

I saw the commercials saying this show would discuss the fire so I tuned in to hear it from her. It was a really well done show talking about the fire and also loved the emphasis on helping firefighters with the Denis Leary fire fighters foundation. Seeing the devestation of how her house burned and left just piles of burned items, made me think of all the people on the West Coast who are fighting fires now. It's just so sad to see the raging fires and feeling helpless. 

Respected Contributor

I just saw most of the show.  I was getting teary as she showed the destruction.  I can't imagine.

@J Town Girl  yes she said it was the chimney and a buildup of creosote which set the roof on fire.  She said they always got their chimney/fireplace cleaned twice a year.

Esteemed Contributor

I am terribly sorry for the losses Rachael Ray experienced at her upstate New York home. I am reminded of the fires on the west coast, where many in my family live. I pray that they will all be OK. This is the year from he|| for many of us.

Valued Contributor

I like Rachael and I watched.   How awful for her,or anyone, to watch their home go up in flames.  She had originally thought her kitchen was saved, but it didn't turn out that way,  Losing old photos and momentos has to be devastating.  She did say the firemen saved some things and was hopeful some loved items might be among them.

I loved her guesthouse.  Light and airy kitchen, great fireplace and wood beams.  

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox 

Sorry I didn't see your post and posted same in Kitchen forum.

So sad, but, thank God they are and their puppy are fine and can rebuild the house.  I didn't realize they were in "their" guest house. Just so tragic to lose her and her husbands lifetime of memories and works☹️

I saw this devastation and immediately thought of all those in-the path of the wildfires ... my thoughts & prayers are with anyone affected by them🙏🏻

Honored Contributor

I saw the show when I got home on the DVR. They really had alot of fire damage. It is so nice they have a guest house to live in. Glad they are safe.

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Esteemed Contributor

I missed the show but I really like her.  Very saddened by her situation but again thankful she is okay and her hubby and dog.  On the other hand, I think I would be addressing the company that was supposedly cleaning the chimney twice a year!?  There is no way it should start a fire if it's properly maintained.  We had a wood burning fireplace for 15 years in our previous home.