Honored Contributor

Re: Race car driver Arie Luyendyk Jr. is the new #Bachelor

[ Edited ]

ABC does a good job of putting this on during dead times, same as Bachelor in Paradise.  It's familiar and there's no much else on.  

There are people who still believe in the show.  Many have turned into hate watchers.  

Even Reality Steve has changed.  He used to be a fan but he has now evolved to being an "investigative journalist." LMAO

The franchise is a cheap commodity that ABC will continue to enjoy as long as it brings in ad revenue.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I was reading somewhere that this show has dialed back the alcohol this season after the Bachelor in Paradise situation last year.

I realize Chris Harrison is all in on this show, but I can't believe he said these words with a straight face:

Host Chris Harrison echoed Garofola’s remarks while speaking to The Hollywood Reporter in July. “As far as alcohol goes, that’s never been a big thing for us. That’s a big misconception of the show — that we push it and that we need it and we want it,” he said. “But that really doesn’t help us. Someone being sloppy drunk and being out of it does not give us good television.

And yet they've used every frame of footage of it for the last 15 years.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Yawn.

I'm finding him quite bland too, wondering if there is something wrong with him considering his age imo.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure what to think of him.  I liked him at first, but I'm not sure how genuine he is.  He's handsome, and he appears to have a nice family.  

I like a few of the girls.  Bibia seems a bit unstable, and Chelsea is probably going to be one of the crazy ones this season.  The blonde that stole him away with the annoying and phony voice is obviously trouble.  She's probably going to turn into a villian too.  I liked her at first, but after she spoke to him twice, after getting a rose earlier, she is now not a fav of mine.  I like Becca (the one who's not so young).

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I've watched this series on and off, mostly off the last several years.  I didn't see the first episode, and maybe not the second either.  However, it's so fake this time around I only watched about 15 minutes of it and will probably not watch the rest of it.  This bachelor doesn't interest me (they never do).

So many blondes and they all look alike, like Playboy Playmates. 

Does the bachelor pick the women from their tapes?

I don't know what any of these people expect from this.  Certainly not a lasting relationship, let alone marriage.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986