Honored Contributor

Re: RUSH - Thursdays @ 9 PM ET on USA

I saw this week's show with Harry Hamlin ...... and BOY was this a shocker ....... and explains why Rush is the way he is!

Most people with a father like the HH character would just blow their brains out!

Good character development !!

Honored Contributor

Tinkr I saw that show. Somehow I end up seeing this show (I don't know how as it isn't on purpose). This guy is unbelievable!

I was thinking he'd have a hole through his nose (inside) as big as the Grand Canyon if he really did all of that s*nor*ting!

Then let's think of all that he swallows! Good grief! Yet he functions like a genius Dr?

Come on! We all make fun of the Soaps and how they stretch the imagination.

It just seems like they glorify drugs, like everyone should be able to function like he does. Anyway, no one can do what he does, I'm just saying.

Honored Contributor

On 8/3/2014 annabellethecat said:

Tinkr I saw that show. Somehow I end up seeing this show (I don't know how as it isn't on purpose). This guy is unbelievable!

I was thinking he'd have a hole through his nose (inside) as big as the Grand Canyon if he really did all of that s*nor*ting!

Then let's think of all that he swallows! Good grief! Yet he functions like a genius Dr?

Come on! We all make fun of the Soaps and how they stretch the imagination.

It just seems like they glorify drugs, like everyone should be able to function like he does. Anyway, no one can do what he does, I'm just saying.

No, I absolutely agree ...... but it was a snapshot moment as to what a cruel and withholding father he had, and how hard he worked for the parental approval he never got. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

It's pretty obvious Rush jumped through a lot of hoops to please his father ..... I don't think there's any drug glorification, just a man trying to deaden the pain, and still manages to function quite well!

Honored Contributor

I do agree with you Tink. I saw that part where his Dad was soooo mean during the dinner. I guess every person can go back to their childhood to explain some of their problems.

Honored Contributor

On 8/4/2014 annabellethecat said:

I do agree with you Tink. I saw that part where his Dad was soooo mean during the dinner. I guess every person can go back to their childhood to explain some of their problems.

After this revelation last week, I think I'm going to continue to watch at least another episode or two ........ {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

BTW, I watched a couple episodes of Tyrant, and couldn't stand it.

No redeeming value whatsoever ...... that brother that took power after his father died is really a monster! Yikes! {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Did anyone watch RUSH last night ???

Honored Contributor

I missed it. I didn't set it up for auto taping. Now I have to find it. I did earlier tonight start watching a show and it said it was "Rush".

So, I'm so stupid. I'm watching what I think is Rush the TV show and I see Liam Hemsworth on there and I think, "Wow! He's in a guest shot on this TV show". Then I think to look at the description.

It was a movie called Rush!

Honored Contributor

Oh gees ..... well, be sure to catch the show, if you can !! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

Tink. I want to watch the show, I just get tired of seeing him sniff up stuff in his nose!

Esteemed Contributor

I thought I would like the show. The story line should carry itself. And in my humble opinion he is shown to have a moral compass. I just wish his drugs were not part of the equation.