Esteemed Contributor

Re: ROYALS ARRIVING AT GUILDHALL RECEPTION

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Both Cheered and Booed at Platinum Jubilee Service

Awaiting the auditory analysis to determine the proportions

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Both Cheered and Booed at Platinum Jubilee Service

Awaiting the auditory analysis to determine the proportions

😂

Esteemed Contributor

I have been watching all of the festivities. Absolutely amazing! No on will see this accomplishment in a really, really long time. Andrew getting Covid is convenient. Harry and Meghan are non issues.They just provide unnecessary drama. Those huge crowds and cheers were for the Queen alone. I like to focus on the family members who serve. Princess Anne and Sophie along with Catherine are my favorites.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

So if indeed Harry and Meghan were booed, do those of you who are happy about it not think it was hurtful to the Queen?

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

So if indeed Harry and Meghan were booed, do those of you who are happy about it not think it was hurtful to the Queen?

I imagine a lot of things have been hurtful to the Queen, especially H & M telling the entire world that the RF is racist.

Silly, ridiculous claims.

Respected Contributor

@faeriemoon  "So if indeed Harry and Meghan were booed, do those of you who are happy about it not think it was hurtful to the Queen?"

Considering the problems the Queen has with Prince Andrew I doubt Harry and Meghan being booed is too much of a worry for her.

Honored Contributor

@lgfan wrote:

@faeriemoon  "So if indeed Harry and Meghan were booed, do those of you who are happy about it not think it was hurtful to the Queen?"

Considering the problems the Queen has with Prince Andrew I doubt Harry and Meghan being booed is too much of a worry for her.

Probably true.  But for those who are giddy that they were booed at a public celebration for the Queen, I don't see how that behavior is not hurtful to the Queen's feelings.  Afterall, the naysayers here always have the Queen's best interest at heart.  Wink, wink...

Honored Contributor

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I imagine a lot of things have been hurtful to the Queen, especially H & M telling the entire world that the RF is racist.

Silly, ridiculous claims.

We have no way of knowing if their claims are true or not.

Esteemed Contributor

I am not a huge royal fan but I have watched a few hours of the coverage on Fox.  I do love the Queen.  They did indeed say that H & M were booed and cheered at the same time.    They were not invited to be on the balcony yesterday or sit with the "working" royals today at the mass.  I thought Piers Morgan was pretty funny throughout, I can certainly understand his points about them.  And Sharon Osbourne was great too.   I think the Queen is perfectly capable of handling anything without feeling "hurt"........for pete's sake she has been in her position for 70 years.....I don't think much will hurt or shock her anymore.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon "Probably true.  But for those who are giddy that they were booed at a public celebration for the Queen, I don't see how that behavior is not hurtful to the Queen's feelings.  Afterall, the naysayers here always have the Queen's best interest at heart.  Wink, wink..."

H and M brought this behavior from the public upon themselves when they decided to participate in the Jubilee celebration.  They probably knew that they would not be greeted with open arms by the public.  I am wondering if they had the Queen's best interest at heart when they decided to visit.