Trusted Contributor

Re: ROYALS ARRIVING AT GUILDHALL RECEPTION

@faeriemoon wrote:

@BoopOMatic wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

So if indeed Harry and Meghan were booed, do those of you who are happy about it not think it was hurtful to the Queen?

I imagine a lot of things have been hurtful to the Queen, especially H & M telling the entire world that the RF is racist.

Silly, ridiculous claims.

We have no way of knowing if their claims are true or not.

Especially since they didn't name this big meanie person. LOL

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest, and @Krimpette --   It was on this morning's ongoing coverage of the jubilee on Fox News Channel.   Festivities are continuing this weekend, but am not sure which are being televised.  Checking in the early morning is a good bet, since with the time difference that time period is the afternoon in the U.K.

@magicmoodz,  I don't know if they made it or not.

Honored Contributor

For those who missed today:

prince-william-kate-middleton-jubilee-28.jpg

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it could be considered controversial

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

@JamandBread @Johnnyeager   It was upon their exit from St. Paul's that Harry and Meghan were booed, not upon their arrival.  There was no lying,

@Somertime  Oh but Meghan's fans always claim it's "lies" when anything negative is said about her, however well deserved it is. Classic denial.

Super Contributor

I could watch that recessional walk every day! It was lovely!! Smiley Very Happy Heart

Education | Sorority Alumna | PGA Foundation | Coffee and Brunch are my thing.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@faeriemoon wrote:

So if indeed Harry and Meghan were booed, do those of you who are happy about it not think it was hurtful to the Queen?

This has been a remarkable celebration for a remarkable woman and that has been my focus. That said, I make no bones about not caring for the Sussexs but am not counting the instances of 'booing'. At the end of the day however, they've left enough hurtful ripples in their wake that a few boos from the crowd pale by comparison... As for the luncheon, it's said they skipped it to return to Frogmore... It's also been reported they lunched yesterday with the queen and other royals... Who knows... It's just a shame the queen has had to forgo so many of these activities.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

I am not a huge royal fan but I have watched a few hours of the coverage on Fox.  I do love the Queen.  They did indeed say that H & M were booed and cheered at the same time.    They were not invited to be on the balcony yesterday or sit with the "working" royals today at the mass.  I thought Piers Morgan was pretty funny throughout, I can certainly understand his points about them.  And Sharon Osbourne was great too.   I think the Queen is perfectly capable of handling anything without feeling "hurt"........for pete's sake she has been in her position for 70 years.....I don't think much will hurt or shock her anymore.

Piers Morgan has an axe to grind with Meghan because she ghosted him and his ego can't handle it. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

This has been a remarkable celebration for a remarkable woman and that has been my focus. That said, I make no bones about not caring for the Sussexs but am not counting the instances of 'booing'. At the end of the day however, they've left enough hurtful ripples in their wake that a few boos from the crowd pale by comparison... As for the luncheon, it's said they skipped it to return to Frogmore... It's also been reported they lunched yesterday with the queen and other royals... Who knows... It's just a shame the queen has had to forgo so many of these activities.

I agree that it is disappointing that she can't be there for everything.  I have read that the brothers are getting along much better, and if that's true, it's a good thing all around.

Trusted Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

I agree that it is disappointing that she can't be there for everything.  I have read that the brothers are getting along much better, and if that's true, it's a good thing all around.

We have no way of knowing if that's true or not.