Honored Contributor

I remember several people here being fans of the show-- it's on now on FETV (channel 323 on my DirecTV system).  Two episodes back to back from 6:00 p.m. Eastern.

Hit the road in early '60's America, encountering mysteries everywhere, with the "boys",  Martin Milner and George Maharis!

Honored Contributor

I dont think we get this channel here on Comcast, but I do remember as a child, they filmed an episode here in Baltimore of Rt 66, it was filmed at Johns Hopkins Hospital. 

Honored Contributor

My sister and i loved Route 66 when it was on TV.  We are happy that it is presently on MeTV  along with so many other oldie but goody shows.

As I have mentioned in other posts my sister and I are sci fi, thriller fans and several are being shown.  Twilight Zone, Hitchcock Presents, Thriller with Boris Karloff , The Invaders, Buck Rogers,Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Night Stalker and Night Gallery to name a few. Even though we have seen all of theses shows we are happy to see them again!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I have Comcast, @Shelbelle.  Where I am in WA, FETV is channel 81.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  Thanks, love this show. 

Trusted Contributor

I, too, am a big fan of Route 66.  I was only about 5 when the series began, and early on leaned who the characters were.  I have been so surprised by the stars that appeared on this series, and that I still recognize and know many of them.  Also of interest, the series was inspired by Jack Kerouac's "On The Road", which inspired so many of the beat poets of the 1960s, and some early "rock" music.  

I've been watching it since last winter when FOLK-TV was running double episodes at 7 pm each night.  They have now switched it to 11:30 am, so I am not getting to see it as often.  However, I do believe it is in the public domain now and can be viewed for free on the internet, on You Tube and elsewhere.  Just google Route 66 TV series and it will come up. 

Honored Contributor

Very cool info, thanks @GrailSeeker!   I did not know of the link with Jack Kerouac and the Beats, but of course!  That makes perfect sense, and grounds the series in an interesting cultural phenomenon...

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - I was one of the posters who loved this show and remember watching as a child with my parents.

It's on weekdays twice a day also.  Glad to see it back and I'll definitely watch.

Honored Contributor

We dont even have a Channel 81 here, thanks.