QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC argumentative

Trusted Contributor

@Noel7wrote:

@Ketrawrote:

@Mmsfoxxiewrote:

IMO, there is a big difference between Archie Bunker and Roseanne and her show.  I've only seen promos of it but it appears that no distinctive is made between right and wrong or good versus evil doing.  Everybody knew that Archie was anti anything but what he stood for.  He was obviously a fool.  No distinction is made on this show that a segment of people are treated unfairly among other things.

It's very strange to me that people are not comparing what Roseanne did with the national anthem to what some are considering an insult to the flag today.

@Mmsfoxxie  As I stated above, she apologized for her disrespect of the flag, that’s the difference. These are comedy shows, lighten up! I hope there is at least one show you watch that makes you really laugh.

No @Ketra  That's not the difference.  The difference is those that now embrace it as opposed to the exact same people who freaked out over it when it actually happened.

@Noel7 It’s a comedy. She made 18 million people tune in and some of those people just wanted to laugh. It’s good we all don’t love the same things or the world would be pretty boring place.

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC inappropriate

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2wrote:

I think ABC jumped the gun In renewing the show. One airing doesn’t make it a hit, you have to see if viewers come back week after week. If she doesn’t keep politics out of the show, I’m out. I look for a comedy show to get me away for a half hour from what is really going on in the world, a little bit of escapism.

The original Roseanne show was full of relevant social commentary, so I don't see her changing that. What's interesting to me is that the social commentaty of the past AND the present has been antitheitical to Barr's current positioning. That makes some of the issues from the first two episodes feel exploitative to me. 

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderlandwrote:

@Jordan2wrote:

I think ABC jumped the gun In renewing the show. One airing doesn’t make it a hit, you have to see if viewers come back week after week. If she doesn’t keep politics out of the show, I’m out. I look for a comedy show to get me away for a half hour from what is really going on in the world, a little bit of escapism.

The original Roseanne show was full of relevant social commentary, so I don't see her changing that. What's interesting to me is that the social commentaty of the past AND the present has been antitheitical to Barr's current positioning. That makes some of the issues from the first two episodes feel exploitative to me. 

Yes, very foxy of her.

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderlandwrote:

@Jordan2wrote:

@Alison Wonderland

I wonder about that, it was the only criticism I had.  They threw it all out there at once, overload.  I really like Sara Gilbert and Laurie Metcalf.  I hope they will have an impact.

Trusted Contributor

@Alison Wonderlandwrote:

@Jordan2wrote:

@Alison Wonderland I hope they keep talking about what most families talk about at the dinner table, a variety of things. There’s never a guarantee with a sitcom, but starting off with 18 million viewers bodes pretty well. They hooked me on episode one. 

Honored Contributor

@Ketra, trust me.  There are shows that make me laugh.  That's a weird statement.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

I C U Debbie from Shameless! Smiley LOL

I watched the show ON Demand.  There were 2 episodes molded into 1 episode.  At least that is the way it was shown ON Demand.

The show was funny to me.  Had a little bit of everything to make fun of what was not PC. 

I was sometimes watcher of the original Rosanne Show.  I'll probably watch the "reboot" the same.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I just watched the show, no political talk, but I don't remember the acting being that bad. I think they were a little premature renewing this show.