Respected Contributor

I didn't care for the show years ago. Why would I watch now?

Respected Contributor

I haven't been able to watch the new show, but can't wait to! I've always thought Roseanne was clever and sassy. A bit crude now and then but men have been much more so and never chastised for it. She and Dan loved each other and their children fiercely. Despite the fact there was never much of a show of outward affection, you knew it existed. Over the top in some aspects but raw and real in others. Politics are just part of the humor in our culture now. I can't wait to hear what she has to say...

Honored Contributor

I haven't seen it yet but there was an article in the paper on Friday about the networks.  ABC was the least watched network and they are trying to rebrand themselves for a certain segment of the population.  There will more similar shows on ABC.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: ROSEANNE RENEWED

[ Edited ]

This comment is so rude. You need to do a reboot on respect. The show is not going to be political. It was just the first epsiode.

Edited to remove prev deleted post.

Honored Contributor

@Ketrawrote:

The first episode of Roseanne was a hoot! It’s amazing that these actors are still hysterically funny 20 years later. The sitcom yells “America quick taking yourselves so seriously!” It’s so true. Once you’ve lost your sense of humor, you’ve lost everything. Lighten up everyone! Have a good laugh or turn the channel.😃

@Ketra

You said it so perfectly!  I agree!  I laughed so much --- I thought it was just so funny.  Usually I don't care for shows --- comedy and awards shows --- that are full of political things--- but this was done so that it was very humorous.  Yes --- agree --- it seems everything any more is taken so literally and has to be so politically correct.  This cast is just as funny as ever!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Not watching, ever-  !!!

Honored Contributor

I think ABC jumped the gun In renewing the show. One airing doesn’t make it a hit, you have to see if viewers come back week after week. If she doesn’t keep politics out of the show, I’m out. I look for a comedy show to get me away for a half hour from what is really going on in the world, a little bit of escapism.

Trusted Contributor

I think the show is going to be semi-political.  I think that is the intention.  Showing folks of different opinions discussing the issues of the current political landscape, without "killing each other".  I find I can't have a discussion with some of opposing views.  I am always interested in what other think and why. 

Regular Contributor

I really wanted to like it, since I enjoyed the show during the original run. Had trouble sitting through these frist two episodes. Didn't find it amusing - I found the dialogue kind of forced. Second episode was better than the first, but not by much.

I very much dislike the political aspects of it but decided to watch anyway as I felt like an actors political leaning shouldn't impact a role. Unfortunately it has - not so much in the role she plays but in the ensuing reaction to it. Now that the polititian himself has decided to chime in and Roseanne has started spreading some pretty conroversial things on Twitter, I'm done.

There are times I can continue to enjoy an entertainers work even when I don't agree with their views. This isn't one of them - it's gone to far for me. My personal opinion, of course. Won't be watching in the future.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know about all the creepy stuff going on with her in the background - the conspiracy theory stuff, the nazi thing, and such.   I feel kind of creepy about watching the show.  I just thought the idiocy of her character was just her character.    That's what I get for not paying attention, I guess.