Honored Contributor

ROMANTIC SUSPENSE ON FOX MOVIE CHANNEL WEDNESDAY 11:25 A.M. EASTERN

FOX movie channel has a fun pairing of these two well-loved films of obsession on Wednesday:

11:25 a.m. Eastern--  "My Cousin Rachel"   Richard Burton, Olivia de Havilland, Audrey Dalton

1:05 p.m. Eastern--  "Leave Her to Heaven"   Gene Tierney, Cornel Wilde, Jeanne Crain, Vincent Price

Honored Contributor

Re: ROMANTIC SUSPENSE ON FOX MOVIE CHANNEL WEDNESDAY 11:25 A.M. EASTERN

Just saw Leave her to Heaven a few weeks ago, the scenery is so beautiful for a 1945 color movie.

Honored Contributor

Yes, @Shelbelle, it sure is.  The cinematography in "Leave Her to Heaven" is gorgeous--  it has that eerie, almost lurid, shimmering color (is it Technicolor?).  It's one film noir that is really enhanced by being in color, I think...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Yes, @Shelbelle, it sure is.  The cinematography in "Leave Her to Heaven" is gorgeous--  it has that eerie, almost lurid, shimmering color (is it Technicolor?).  It's one film noir that is really enhanced by being in color, I think...

@Oznell

That, along with a select few others, is a movie I will watch again and again.  No "community" needed.  Just me and the film.  Delicious.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

DVR is set...thanks!

Honored Contributor

Yesterday in the car I heard Leave Her to Heaven-original cast. They did it in an hour, lol. Lux Radio Theater, I think. They changed the name of the program at one point. I was there in my mind. I saw her fall down the stairs. I saw the house. The scenery. I had a pretty good time!

Honored Contributor

Isn't that the beauty of radio drama, @Judaline!  So much scope for the imagination....

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Isn't that the beauty of radio drama, @Judaline!  So much scope for the imagination....

Yes, especially when you've seen the movie umpteen times, lol!