Honored Contributor

ROMANTIC ESPIONAGE DOUBLE FEATURE FRIDAY 1:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

Somewhat thin pickings (with a few notable exceptions) recently on TCM, so I'm trying to look ahead and "curate" some possibilities:

www.tilleysmagazines.com-Magazines-Comics-FILM-REVIEW-24.jpg

Friday, 1:30 p.m. Eastern--  "The Double Man".   Yul Brynner, Britt Ekland, Clive Revill, Moira Lister

Yul is perfectly cast as a very controlled, emotionally shut-down CIA agent who comes to the tony private school in the alps where his son met with a terrible "accident".   He gets drawn further into a 'curiouser' and 'curiouser' scenario, amid the alpine jetsetters and glossy pretenders. Beautiful Britt Ekland becomes an ally.  

This is for Yul fans, spy fans, mystery fans, swingin' Sixties' fans, and lovers of gorgeous, exotic Austrian on-location filming.  I fall into more than one of those categories....

3:30 p.m. Eastern--  "To Trap a Spy".   Robert Vaughn, David McCallum, Luciana Paluzzi, Patricia Crowley, Ivan Dixon, Fritz Weaver

David_McCallum_Robert_Vaughn_Man_From_Uncle_1967.JPG

Sight unseen, but it's a feature length movie version of the wonderfully spoofy TV show,  "The Man from U.NC.LE.",  come on!  Hard not to have a good time with sophisticated spies Vaughn and McCallum.  This time out they are protecting an African leader from assassination...

And both of these films are followed by the taut thriller "Ice Station Zebra" at 5:15 p.m. Eastern.

Respected Contributor

Re: ROMANTIC ESPIONAGE DOUBLE FEATURE FRIDAY 1:30 P.M. EASTERN TCM

I have to confess that after Robert Mitchum .. my next favorite is

Yul Bryner .....

Honored Contributor

Yeah, @Big Joanie -- the strong, stoic type!   Never more so than in "The Double Man"!

Honored Contributor

Yul at his most intense;  Britt at her most beautiful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1nJuF7Ty98