Honored Contributor

ROCK HUDSON FEST ALL DAY SUNDAY TCM SUMMER UNDER THE STARS

"Summer Under the Stars" continues on Sunday with Rock Hudson all day.  By the way, here's the entire month's schedule with the various designated actors' days:

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/monthly.html?ecid=subnavmonthschedule

Rock's offerings include much loved goodies like:

Noon Eastern:  "All That Heaven Allows"--   Rock Hudson, Jane Wyman, Agnes Moorehead

Extravagantly photographed, satisfyingly emotional soaper in which affluent widow contemplates romance with hunky landscaper...

Then there's "Written on the Wind" @3:15 p.m. Eastern, and thrilling "Ice Station Zebra" @ 5:15 p.m. Eastern, among other, more frequently-aired fare.  

Honored Contributor

Re: ROCK HUDSON FEST ALL DAY SUNDAY TCM SUMMER UNDER THE STARS

@Oznell   I use to have TCM and then Comcast took it away.  So now I am paying more and getting less.  lol  I would have loved to watch his films.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Oh, I'm sorry that happened to you, @Katcat1 --  that Comcast has so much to answer for!

I was surprised to see how many of his films stream free online.  If you can stand to watch movies on your computer, just google  Rock Hudson movies youtube, and many will pop up that you can just click on.  I noticed "Magnificent Obsession",  "Written on the Wind",  and
"All That Heaven Allows",  among others.  The audio on some may not be the best, but I'd still check-- some are perfectly good.

Honored Contributor

Rock Hudson was so good in Pillow Talk and also as good in Giant.  He always had appeal in both genres.  I also liked him in Magnificent Obsession and Ice Station Zebra.  Rock could do both comedy and drama and be equally appealing as an actor.

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - thanks for the reminder.  All That Heaven Allows is one of my favorite Rock Hudson movies.   You described it very well. If you watch, remember to catch David Janssen as the daughter's boyfriend.  @Pearley - reminder for you too.

Also love Rock and Doris in Pillow Talk with her beautiful wardrobe and apartment.

Honored Contributor

Hey, thanks for that reminder, @twinsister -- every "outside- of-the-"Fuge" spotting of David Janssen is fun!

Respected Contributor

Perfect .. we are supposed to have an all day heavy rain here ....

I'm in !!!

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite Rock Hudson movies. Hope  I'm home to see it.