Honored Contributor

ROBERT TAYLOR FESTIVAL WEDNESDAY TCM

Nice selection of noirish romantic suspense that showcases his trademark soulfulness and that quality of ambiguity he had...

9:15 a.m. Eastern.   "The High Wall".   This is the one where Audrey Totter is his dedicated psychiatrist, treating the former fighter pilot (and falling for him, natch) after the murder of his duplicitous wife.

11:00 a.m. Eastern.  "Conspirator".    Young Elizabeth Taylor is radiantly in love with her handsome military officer-husband,  and then slowly and with horror, realizes he is a ruthless Communist agent...

0c795534f9e7b23881452d1b93c7d90b--elizabeth-taylor-taylors.jpg

12:30 p.m. Eastern.  "Undercurrent".    This time it's a fluttery Katharine Hepburn who marries wealthy Robert Taylor, tries to fit into his fast-paced, horsy society life, and finds doubt and a growing interest in his mysterious brother (Robert Mitchum).

2:30 p.m. Eastern.   "Johnny Eager".    Taylor is a member of the underworld, trying to convince the authorities he has gone straight, when a D.A.'s daughter (Lana Turner) starts to derail all his plans.....   This one is probably my favorite-- so much fun to see tough-guy Taylor become vulnerable to transforming love!

And bonus, it has wonderful, Best Supporting Actor Oscar winner Van Heflin as well:

f198253688ba23aa68238ee884c3503d.jpg

Honored Contributor

Re: ROBERT TAYLOR FESTIVAL WEDNESDAY TCM

Once again Oznell - you come through. I had plans to go to the shore tomorrow so I did not check out the Wednesday TCM schedule.

Well my plans changed and I would have missed Robert Taylor Day, if not for you. Thank you for being on top of things.

He became a favorite of mine after watching Waterloo Bridge.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Oh boy good old fashion Hollywood!  Your the best @Oznell 

Respected Contributor

@Oznell 

Just watched Westward the Women(1951), 6 a.m. A Western with Robert Taylor.

I enjoyed it!

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Oh, thanks for that recommendation, @Starpolisher, I should have recorded it.  Overlooked it.  Next time I will, thanks to you!

Respected Contributor

Thank you! Your posting about the RT festival is the reason I scrolled through the movies and recorded them. This one made me laugh and cry! I'm watching A Wicked Woman(1934) now. RT is listed in the cast as Bill Rento but I haven't seen him yet!📺

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

Also might be good in the Taylor fest:

4:30 p.m. Eastern--  "Escape"  Robert Taylor, Norma Shearer, Conrad Veidt,  Alla Nazimova

I haven't seen it, but sounds suspenseful.

Honored Contributor

Well, I have been parked in front of the TV since 11AM. He has been with quite a few leading ladies and quite a few situations. He has been a baddie, goodie and baddie turned goodie.

I have not seen any of these movies before.

Trusted Contributor

Watching it now!  I love TCM!!

Just joined the Back Lot.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Also might be good in the Taylor fest:

4:30 p.m. Eastern--  "Escape"  Robert Taylor, Norma Shearer, Conrad Veidt,  Alla Nazimova

I haven't seen it, but sounds suspenseful.

I absolutely loved this film today @Oznell . Thanks for the thread. Quite a few good movies...if only today they would make something as compelling, I still think some of us would go to see it.