Honored Contributor

This is so sad.  She fought this for so long.

My girls used to pretend they were her and skate and sing and dance to Xanadu.

They knew the words and would shout them out so loud.

I should have thanked her because that's when I realized 2 of my girls would definitely not have a career in music.  The youngest one could...but not the 2 oldest!

Gosh, I'm thinking back to the young guy she was in love with.  Her beautiful daughter.

Well, she fought as long and hated as she could.

I'm going to go text my girls and tell them the sad news.  Although, they're the ones who usually tell me stuff (along with all of you guys)😘

Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear about Olivia Newton John's passing.  She had a lovely pleasing singing voice and stood out in the movie Grease, a role that fit her perfectly.  She bravely fought her fight against her cancer for a long time. May Olivia be at peace with God.

Trusted Contributor

Like so many, I was sad to hear the passing of Olivia Newton John yesterday, she fought a brave battle for so long but always had that beautiful smile such a beautiful soul inside and out.  Sincere condolences to her family and friends, may she rest in peace and her memories be a blessing.

Honored Contributor

I was just so, so sad when I heard this!  I knew she had this for a long time but I thought she had beat it.  I absolutely adored her and she was one of my favorite entertainers of all times.  She just had this lightness, and forever youthful way about her.  Not just in her appearance -- but just in her whole being!  Her role in Grease -- Sandy --- was so amazing as well.  Nobody like her, nobody..... 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

Two of my favorite songs are Twist of Fate and Livin' in Desperate Times from her 1983 followup movie with John Travolta, Two of a Kind.

The film did not do well, but the soundtrack was highly successful,  with a number of Top 40 singles.

p7828_p_v8_ab.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RIP Olivia Newton John

[ Edited ]

It feels like a little bit of sunshine has gone.