Respected Contributor

Re: RIP Kristin (Harmon) Nelson- Ex wife of Ricky Nelson

@shaggygirl wrote:

A couple of years ago Gunnar was on Celebrity Wife Swap. Every once in awhile I notice a repeat of it, can't recall what station does the replays.

I saw that episode on the FYI Channel recently.

Honored Contributor

She was so pretty.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

A couple of years ago Gunnar was on Celebrity Wife Swap. Every once in awhile I notice a repeat of it, can't recall what station does the replays.

I saw that episode on the FYI Channel recently.

Did you think he was....I don't know how to explain it......a very gentle soul perhaps? Or marches to his own drummer......can't put my finger on it.

Honored Contributor

I always knew she and Mark were siblings. In fact, there was some kind of scandal years ago where I do think Mark was trying to get custody of his sister's kids.

Contributor

I think Ricky Nelson was my first teen celebrity crush, Nelson was my maiden name so that added to my attachment. When I heard the name Kristin when they married in 1963, I was 14. I hung on to that name as my favorite if I had a daughter, and finally, after two boys, I had my Kristin in 1989, 26 years later. So sad when two such gifted beautiful people had such messed up lives because of drugs and alcohol, but I believe Kristin Nelson had cleaned up her act years ago.

Honored Contributor

She was a primitive painter.  I’ll post a link of some of her work.  Apparently Jacqueline Kennedy and Mia Farrow bought pieces.

http://www.kristinnelson.com/

Trusted Contributor

appeared in Radar-which is a cheap rag sourcRe: RIP Kristin (Harmon) Nelson- Ex wife of Ricky Nelson

The article on Mark Harmon that someone posted appeared in Radar-which is a notoriously cheap rag source.    We will not know what their relationship was at the end.  But I would not believe anything that was printed by that source-ever.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I always knew she and Mark were siblings. In fact, there was some kind of scandal years ago where I do think Mark was trying to get custody of his sister's kids.

During her divorce, he stepped in for her kids.

Not an unusual situation, happens often in families facing a crisis

Honored Contributor

I read that the other day.  She was so beautiful and those amazing eyes.  Ricky was a gorgeous guy and he had beautiful eyes as well.  Very sad.  I guess she was plagued with issues most of her life.  Being beautiful, talented and famous --- we think people have it all.  I guess all that glitters is not gold!! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Luvitorleaveit1,

Thanks for posting,

Kristin Nelson,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif