Honored Contributor

We watch Gilligan's Island on MeTV  Monday-Friday  mornings. I didn't realize Dawn was that age.  RIP Dawn. 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Esteemed Contributor

Statement from Tina Louise:

“I was sad to learn of Dawn’s passing, I will always remember her kindness to me. We shared in creating a cultural landmark that has continued to bring comfort and smiles to people during this difficult time. I hope that people will remember her the way that I do – always with a smile on her face.”

Trusted Contributor

Re: RIP Dawn Wells

[ Edited ]

RIP to Dawn Wells, many a teen boy and man's fantasy girl as "Mary Ann" on Gilligan's Island.  

Even today if you were to ask male baby boomers who was the woman they liked best on the Isle, the majority would say the girl next door type "Mary Ann". All I can remember was her perkiness and the unrequited crush she had on the Professor.

dee

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Dawn Wells

[ Edited ]

Always enjoyed this show and still watch re-runs of it.  Ginger was supposed to be the most attractive and alluring one and the one all the men wanted, but I always thought Mary Ann was the prettiest, and sweetest and my goodness, what a figure she had!  So terribly sad.  And from what you read, she was a very nice and sweet person in real life.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I just saw a clip of a Christmas message that was shot just before her death , she looked so good and healthy .  We all  know how that can change in a  second.