Respected Contributor

Nice Italian boy (real name: Carmine Orrico) from Brooklyn.  May he rest in peace.

Honored Contributor
Peter Green of Fleetwood Mac passed away too. So is that four? See. The "three" thing is ridiculous unless there are a list of celebrity "qualifications" for it. Celebrities and other people die every day, not in 3s.
Respected Contributor

Re: RIP Actor John Saxon

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

Peter Green? He may have founded the group (which has had many members through the years, BTW), but he'd been gone 5 or 6 years before THE Fleetwood Mac as we came to know it had their first charted song in the U.S. (Over My Head).

Saying Peter Green "of Fleetwood Mac" is like saying Laura Lynch "of The Dixie Chicks" lol.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

@Tique 

That pic on the bottom is how I remember him.

I didn't see him in many movies, but he was prolific in TV, especially during the '60s and '70s. I think I first saw him in The Bold Ones.

What worries you masters you.
Honored Contributor
@Moonlady. Which means nothing to me because the only thing I know about the Dixie Chicks is they are changing their name. I have no idea who members are.

But you did miss the point of my post.
Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Actor John Saxon

[ Edited ]

I've counted 3 losses.  Regis, Olivia, and now John.  Man, right in a row and this closely.

I did hear about the Fleetwood Mac man passing, I didn't know him the way that I knew of the other 3.

Honored Contributor
@qualitygal. But my point is what is the criteria for enough celebrity status to be "the three"? People die every day, some famous ones will this week. What makes them famous enough to qualify? I really do think the "threes" thing is silly.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee   I don't know how others got their info, I just heard that reference growing up, so who really knows where it came from?  You are entitled to your opinion, if that's how you feel, no problemo.  Wonder if Google has that into?

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee 

I do believe they come in three,s.  In my 84_years, i,ve seen or heard it many times.I

I thought HE died already.  He was so handsome, even when he was elderly.

Honored Contributor

When you watch a lot of retro tv, you probably see him AT LEAST once a week.

I was just watching Scarecrow & Mrs. King on DVD and he is the head of the agency in the pilot.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN