Respected Contributor

I saw that yesterday.  He seemed like a very nice man

Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I read Bethenny Frankel attended Bobby's funeral service today.  I'm sure it meant a lot to Jill.

The article also mentioned Dorinda Medley, Kelly Bensimon, Aviva Dresher, and Tinsley Mortimer attended.  I'm guessing Ramona Singer and Sonja Morgan would have probably attended, too, but maybe not.  Not sure about any other HWs.  I saw Andy Cohen posted on Twitter, but I don't think he went to the funeral service. I'm guessing LuAnn is still in rehab. I saw comments on Twitter from Ramona, and also Cynthia Bailey (who wrote a very loving message to Jill).  Alex McCord and Simon Van Kampen also posted messages on Twitter.  I read somewhere that Sonja had commented to the media, but I didn't see anything on her IG or Twitter.  

Patti Stanger and Marla Marples were also mentioned as having attended.  I'm sure the service was crowded with many, many individuals, as Bobby and Jill seem to be really well-known not just in NYC, but all over. 

Very sad. 

That was very nice of not only B to attend, but for the other Housewives to attend.  I don't think B and J ever got their friendship back on track, but obviously B was honorable to go to the funeral.  I assume Marla knew Jill from The Donald when they were married as Jill, as you stated, appears very well connected in New York.  

I'm glad she had others there for support.  It has to be excruiatingly difficult for her and Ally and their family!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

I read Bethenny Frankel attended Bobby's funeral service today.  I'm sure it meant a lot to Jill.

The article also mentioned Dorinda Medley, Kelly Bensimon, Aviva Dresher, and Tinsley Mortimer attended.  I'm guessing Ramona Singer and Sonja Morgan would have probably attended, too, but maybe not.  Not sure about any other HWs.  I saw Andy Cohen posted on Twitter, but I don't think he went to the funeral service. I'm guessing LuAnn is still in rehab. I saw comments on Twitter from Ramona, and also Cynthia Bailey (who wrote a very loving message to Jill).  Alex McCord and Simon Van Kampen also posted messages on Twitter.  I read somewhere that Sonja had commented to the media, but I didn't see anything on her IG or Twitter.  

Patti Stanger and Marla Marples were also mentioned as having attended.  I'm sure the service was crowded with many, many individuals, as Bobby and Jill seem to be really well-known not just in NYC, but all over. 

Very sad. 

i always liked jill and her husband bobby was a great "real house-husband." he always seemed to be a calm and supportive gentleman. may he rest in peace.

yes, bethenny was there in support.

zarin funeral.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

From People magazine online: 

Everyone who spoke about Bobby at the service agreed that he will be remembered as a generous, kind and fun man. In his remarks, the rabbi praised Bobby, calling him a “superb human being” and “a giant of a person … who touched thousands of lives.”

And Jill — who spoke last — moved guests to tears.

“I wasn’t sure if I could stand up here today,” the 54-year-old said. “[Bobby] was an incredibly great husband, a great father, and grandfather, and [a] truly great friend.”

Jill — who teared up many times during the speech — also shared a touching story about how Bobby remained the generous and kind man she married right until the end.

She said that in December, when Bobby was in the hospital for 22 days, her parents were celebrating their 60th anniversary. Although she wanted to go, she didn’t want to leave Bobby. But Bobby “insisted” that she go, and he was able to get out of the hospital “so I could go celebrate with my parents,” Jill said.

She added that after his cancer took an unexpected turn last summer, she started knitting him a blanket — which was draped over his casket during the service.

“When Bobby got sick in July, I needed something to keep my mind going,” she said. “[So] I started knitting him a blanket.”

Jill added that the blanket “kept growing and growing,” but that she was finally able to give it to him three days before he died. “He spent the last days of his life snuggled up in it,” she said, adding, “The irony is when I draped it over the casket, it fit perfectly. Bobby knew.”

Jill also gave a moving portrait of her final moments with her husband.

On Friday, one day before Bobby’s death, the family knew things weren’t going well, so, Jill said, “We got the family together and we all slept with Bobby in the tiniest room at Memorial Sloan Kettering.”

At one point, her husband’s eldest son David had to leave the hospital for a while, and Jill said she kept telling her husband not to go until David got back. And miraculously, shortly after David walked back into his father’s hospital room, Bobby took his last breath.

Earlier in the service, Jill’s sister — judge Lisa Wexler — talked about the“fabulous love affair between Bobby and Jill” and how “Jill always said Bobby’s always right and that Bobby could never say no to her.”

“He was the ground to her air,” Wexler added.

Bobby’s children also got up to pay their respects, including his step-daughter Ally Shapiro.

“Thank you for treating me as your own,” she said, adding, “he never said no to me, either.”

“He was the life of every party and the last man standing, and he derived great pleasure from helping others,” she continued.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

From People magazine online: 

Everyone who spoke about Bobby at the service agreed that he will be remembered as a generous, kind and fun man. In his remarks, the rabbi praised Bobby, calling him a “superb human being” and “a giant of a person … who touched thousands of lives.”

And Jill — who spoke last — moved guests to tears.

“I wasn’t sure if I could stand up here today,” the 54-year-old said. “[Bobby] was an incredibly great husband, a great father, and grandfather, and [a] truly great friend.”

Jill — who teared up many times during the speech — also shared a touching story about how Bobby remained the generous and kind man she married right until the end.

She said that in December, when Bobby was in the hospital for 22 days, her parents were celebrating their 60th anniversary. Although she wanted to go, she didn’t want to leave Bobby. But Bobby “insisted” that she go, and he was able to get out of the hospital “so I could go celebrate with my parents,” Jill said.

She added that after his cancer took an unexpected turn last summer, she started knitting him a blanket — which was draped over his casket during the service.

“When Bobby got sick in July, I needed something to keep my mind going,” she said. “[So] I started knitting him a blanket.”

Jill added that the blanket “kept growing and growing,” but that she was finally able to give it to him three days before he died. “He spent the last days of his life snuggled up in it,” she said, adding, “The irony is when I draped it over the casket, it fit perfectly. Bobby knew.”

Jill also gave a moving portrait of her final moments with her husband.

On Friday, one day before Bobby’s death, the family knew things weren’t going well, so, Jill said, “We got the family together and we all slept with Bobby in the tiniest room at Memorial Sloan Kettering.”

At one point, her husband’s eldest son David had to leave the hospital for a while, and Jill said she kept telling her husband not to go until David got back. And miraculously, shortly after David walked back into his father’s hospital room, Bobby took his last breath.

Earlier in the service, Jill’s sister — judge Lisa Wexler — talked about the“fabulous love affair between Bobby and Jill” and how “Jill always said Bobby’s always right and that Bobby could never say no to her.”

“He was the ground to her air,” Wexler added.

Bobby’s children also got up to pay their respects, including his step-daughter Ally Shapiro.

“Thank you for treating me as your own,” she said, adding, “he never said no to me, either.”

“He was the life of every party and the last man standing, and he derived great pleasure from helping others,” she continued.

So sweet and so sad @I like celery

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

@winamac1  I agree.  I was especially moved by the part that mentions Bobby's son had to leave the room for a period of time, and Bobby seemed to wait until his son had returned, before he passed away.  I also thought it was touching to read about Jill knitting Bobby a blanket.  Heart 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥