Honored Contributor

Re: RHONY News- Luanne de Lesseps arrested

@spot555 wrote:

Most of the women on these shows are simply giant trainwrecks. They act in ridiculous manners, then talk about having class. Who knows how the cops felt.....Lu is the size of a man. She isn't exactly a delicate little flower. 

They have guns and handcuffs.  I highly doubt they were fearful for their lives.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

If she didn't act like an idiot (with NO CLASS), she wouldn't be in this position. 

Honored Contributor

@OfCourse wrote:

I really don't think this is such a big deal.  So Luann was drunk out of her mind and wouldn't leave a hotel room.  She likely thought it was the one she'd reserved.  The cops/prosecutor charging her with TWO FELONIES for saying she was going to kill them while she was in the back of the police car, drunk and unarmed, strikes me as outrageous.  I'm no lawyer, but the angry rantings of a drunk person are not the same as a real threat on their lives.  This is overcharging by people who felt their authority was challenged and are using the court system to get revenge.  It seems to me that a drunk and disorderly misdemeanor charge is appropriate.  These ridiculous felony counts should be dropped, and whoever pushed them should be disciplined.

@OfCourse I agree with your assessment completely.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Unfortunately the threats where more than drunken free speech.  

Her actions backed up the words, therefore charges were added.

No one strikes an officer...no matter what your last name is. 

96BDC112-E693-4FDB-813C-48805F1F8E9E.jpeg

C4921D9E-CCBA-4DD5-A59C-6827C153EF02.jpeg

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

she's a grown woman with grown kids - the kids don't need this craziness in their lives. It's bad enough to have to watch your mom fall into bushes and lay there like a tossed burrito wrapper (whilst in Mexico) - & now to deal with this.  And to think I used to get embarrassed because my mom never wore make up. or nice clothing.  At least she was always behaving like a mom, a darn good mom.

Trusted Contributor

She’s a hot mess.  I don’t think this will effect her job on RHONY, but I can’t imagine anyone wanting to date her in her social circle.

Trusted Contributor

I wonder if we’ll be watching this all play out next season on the show.  They have been filming at the holidays for the past several years.  I doubt we’ll see footage of the actual night, but we will likely see the immediate after effects.

Esteemed Contributor

Embarrassment Follies

Now Playing

Honored Contributor

Assaulting an Officer is one felony she DOES deserve, IMO.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@OfCourse wrote:

I really don't think this is such a big deal.  So Luann was drunk out of her mind and wouldn't leave a hotel room.  She likely thought it was the one she'd reserved.  The cops/prosecutor charging her with TWO FELONIES for saying she was going to kill them while she was in the back of the police car, drunk and unarmed, strikes me as outrageous.  I'm no lawyer, but the angry rantings of a drunk person are not the same as a real threat on their lives.  This is overcharging by people who felt their authority was challenged and are using the court system to get revenge.  It seems to me that a drunk and disorderly misdemeanor charge is appropriate.  These ridiculous felony counts should be dropped, and whoever pushed them should be disciplined.

@OfCourse I agree with your assessment completely.

ITA as well.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"