Honored Contributor

RHONY News- Luanne de Lesseps arrested

Real Housewives of New York City star Luann De Lesseps, 52, was arrested in Florida early Sunday morning.

The mother-of-two was taken into custody at 1.25am by Palm Beach police. 

'The Countess' was charged with battery on a firefighter, disorderly intoxication, resisting a police officer with violence, corruption by threat of a public servant. Four of the charges are felonies.  

The Bravo TV star is still behind bars, as her bond is $20,000.

Her ex-husband, Tom D'Agostino, who is currently in Palm Beach for Christmas with his family and will be joined by his girlfriend Anna Rothschild next week, has yet to comment on her arrest.    

A source close to D'Agostino told DailyMail.com: ‘Tom left her for this reason, because she was so violent.

Real Housewives of New York City star Luann De Lesseps, 52, was arrested in Florida early Sunday morning. The mother-of-two was taken into custody at 1.25am by Palm Beach police

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5210235/Former-RHNY-star-Lu-Ann-Lesseps-arrested.html

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: RHONY News- Luanne de Lesseps arrested

Very classy Lou !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I am sorry to hear this..this is the 2nd violent incident I have read. Sad IMO. I hope she seeks help as it seems she has a problem with alcohol and maybe it makes her abusive. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I saw this story over at the Daily Mail.  Because there were no details, I Googled it and checked TMZ.  No one has more info.  What were the police and fire departments doing going to wherever Luann was?  It's unclear what happened.  I will reserve judgment for now.  As for the slams against her from Tom's friends, he was no prize.  When he left her at 10 pm the week of her engagement to go smooch his ex-girlfriend in a nearby bar, she should have gotten rid of him for good.

Trusted Contributor

I like Luanne, and hope 2018 is a better year for her.

Tom is a tool.

Honored Contributor

She looks so evil.... what a total jerk to beat up on an officer.... she deserves to have the book thrown at her and lock her up and throw away the key....

Honored Contributor

This is unfortunate....especially around the holidays.

But then again, maybe the holiday mindset brought this on.

3B7E825A-4907-4703-A232-20C487051C7F.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Very disappointed to read this, I thought she had more class!

http://i00.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/1751204972/2000-PCS-small-crying-font-b-face-b-font-font-b-sad-b-font-font-b.jpg

Honored Contributor

I wonder if she has a mental health issue as well, such as being bipolar? That can cause someone to become violent. Whatever her issues are, I do hope she can get herself straightened out.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info, @sidsmom!  You did better than I did searching for it.  We still don't know the whole story.  In what way did she kick the police officer.  Was it deliberate or did it happen while they were putting her into the car?  How did the officers behave toward her?  If you have a drunk person, you don't escalate the situation.

This summer, I was driving around town and stopped in an area where there was road work with two policemen.  I stopped and told one cop I was trying to get to a place that was about to close.  He told me I could go, so I started driving very slowly.  All of a sudden, the other cop started screaming like a crazy person for me to stop.  I stopped immediately.  He then went on a tirade, accusing me of reckless driving and possibly injuring a cop (can't remember the exact words).  My car is old and loud inside, so I didn't hear the other cop say to stop.  I guess when he said I could go he didn't mean immediately.  I didn't escalate things with this hothead cop and kept assuring him that I would never do what he was accusing me of. 

He took my license and registration and ran a check.  My last name is the same as our city's police chief, and I wondered whether that scared him.  At any rate, someone who is drunk and being treated this way could well end up in an altercation.  I just kept calm and told him I would never defy an officer's command and that I couldn't hear the other cop who was behind me.  Let's wait for the full story.