Honored Contributor

Re: RHONY News- Luanne de Lesseps arrested

[ Edited ]

@winamac1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

LuAnn made a statement saying that she was voluntarily seeking psychiatric help and checking into an alcohol rehab center.

@TenderMercies

Just like ALL celebs do when they get busted!

ITA. Think Havey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, etc.  They all do that to get public sympathy.

I don't blame her ex for being embarrassed by what she did (due to the family name), but he should also be embarrassed, himself, for cheating on her while married with a young woman years ago.  He's a scum too. 

I  had the exact same thought before I read your post. I also remember years ago when Lu and the kids would be waiting for him and he was more often than not a no show.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

UPDATE:

Count Alexandre de Lesseps wants his ex-wife Luann de Lesseps to drop his family's name after the reality TV star was arrested in Florida for drunk and disorderly behavior on Saturday.

The 68-year-old European aristocrat is 'mortified and ashamed' of his 52-year-old reality TV star ex's behavior, according to PageSix.

After 'closely watching the news' detailing Luann's alleged felonies, the father of Luann's two children 'wants her to drop his last name,' says the gossip site.

The Count allegedly told his ex 'she is ruining the family name and should drop it if she’s continuing to act like this,' says a PageSix source.

Last New Years Eve Luann switched to the name D'Agostino after marrying Tom D'Agostino Jr.

But when they divorced less than eight months later, Luann switched her name back to de Lesseps.

Happier times: The 68-year-old European aristocrat is 'mortified and ashamed' of his 52-year-old reality TV star ex's behavior, according to PageSix. Pictured here in 2008

Actually, in the interview with Andy Cohen (after the finale show), she said she had never changed her name from de Lesseps to D'Agostino.

I always had the feeling she was hoping the Count would "reinstate" her as Countess.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

LuAnn made a statement saying that she was voluntarily seeking psychiatric help and checking into an alcohol rehab center.

@TenderMercies

ITA. Think Havey Weinstein, Kevin Spacey, etc.  They all do that to get public sympathy.

I don't blame her ex for being embarrassed by what she did (due to the family name), but he should also be embarrassed, himself, for cheating on her while married with a young woman years ago.  He's a scum too. 

I  had the exact same thought before I read your post. I also remember years ago when Lu and the kids would be waiting for him and he was more often than not a no show.

Exactly...he's certainly a p o s and no saint.  He's a cheater. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

I read (maybe rumor) but when next season of RHONY starts they are using Luanne's arrest in the new season. We did see clips of her in court. This is a gold mine for Andy. We know Luanne will be signed up for next season for sure. She has a great story line now. Last season was good too, the wives all told her not to marry Tom. They probably are filming her in rehab as I type this. Andy loves this. Be careful when you go on reality TV usually sometimes you end up in divorce or something. Hope their family can deal with all of this on TV. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DREAMON wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@TenderMercies

Gosh, what a prince. Lu really knows how to pick 'em.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I read in the New York Post that Luann is entering an alcohol rehab.  It's about time!!!!

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Sorry, I don't give her a pass on this.  There are individuals in this country who would have been shot by the police if they had done what she did.

Exactly.  And while I find that outrageous, the fact that posters think what Lu did isn't a big deal, that she was overcharged, blah, blah, blah is outrageous to me as well.

She was asked to leave that hotel room and refused so ultimately the cops had to be called.  Then she strikes the cop?  You just don't do that.  She was drunk, she was disorderly, she was trespassing, she was making threats. 

The fact that she was drunk isn't an excuse for any of this.  She needs to be held accountable for what she did like anyone else would be.  As others have said, many of these charges will be dropped or she will plead down.  That happens everyday in court rooms all across America to normal, everyday citizens.       

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@DREAMON wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@TenderMercies wrote:

@TenderMercies

Gosh, what a prince. Lu really knows how to pick 'em.

It was reported that he dumped Lu via e-mail. 

There were a lot of rumors floating around about that marriage.  THey didn't even live in the same country so I'm not sure what she thought was going to go on with that marriage. There were a lot of rumors that she was cheating as well and that Lu has a problem being faithful to a guy.