Esteemed Contributor

I need to go look at when the new season starts.  It must be any time now as there were marathons on over the weekend.

I'll probably give the season a shot but I'm not holding out much hope.  Without Bethenny, the show doesn't really hold my interest.  From almost Episode 1 of Season 1, I could barely stomach LuAnn and I lost interest in Ramona and Sonja many seasons ago.  I wasn't impressed with Leah (is that her name) last year and I'm not hearing great things about the new girl this year. I must be in the minority as I was never a fan of Dorinda...although I did love it when they went to her house in the Berkshires.  

I've also read online that Heather Thompson filmed quite a bit this season with the group as kind of a friend of the housewives.  However, she quit filming about halfway through the season as she had had enough of Leah and the new girl.  She said it was obvious they were only out to create drama just to get air time and she had enough of it so she quit filming.   

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

I need to go look at when the new season starts.  It must be any time now as there were marathons on over the weekend.

I'll probably give the season a shot but I'm not holding out much hope.  Without Bethenny, the show doesn't really hold my interest.  From almost Episode 1 of Season 1, I could barely stomach LuAnn and I lost interest in Ramona and Sonja many seasons ago.  I wasn't impressed with Leah (is that her name) last year and I'm not hearing great things about the new girl this year. I must be in the minority as I was never a fan of Dorinda...although I did love it when they went to her house in the Berkshires.  

I've also read online that Heather Thompson filmed quite a bit this season with the group as kind of a friend of the housewives.  However, she quit filming about halfway through the season as she had had enough of Leah and the new girl.  She said it was obvious they were only out to create drama just to get air time and she had enough of it so she quit filming.   

@shoptilyadropagain , 

Your info about Heather quitting due to Eboni and Leah is just what I thought would happen and was hoping it wouldn't.

I had the feeling they were going to concentrate the show on the 2 younger castmates.

I don't care for Leah and am not interested in a show that revolves aroung her.

Honored Contributor

I think I may have mentioned this on another thread but I have no interest in witnessing their attempt to make this show "younger."  I like that the NY bunch is older than many of the other franchises.

I don't know anything about the new person, but if this season is going to focus on Leah, I'm out.  And not because she's younger; because she's nuts, and they try to make her act even more nuts than she actually is.  Unfortunately she's a terrible actress so it comes out looking forced.  So you basically have a bad-actress nut job attempting to look more nuts.  Let's not even get started on the drunk factor.  Thanks, but no thanks.

Honored Contributor

@shoptilyadropagain wrote:

@shoptilyadropagain @DREAMON Wow! Very interesting! Well you can see where they are trying to go anyway, by introducing the younger ladies....I really like Heather and wish she was back on fulltime. She has a good head on her shoulders, and isn't messy like some of the others....... I saw where it did nothing for RHOA to bring on younger ladies, horrible season.......

Honored Contributor

The show premiers tonight at 10:00, so it's late.

I don't know what to believe about the Heather situation.  What I read was that she quit filming after she got into an altercation with Leah at Ramona's house.  Supposedly Heather had also made some unkind comments about Sonja's plastic surgery and said some unkind things about LuAnn in her podcast and none of the cast was thrilled to be filming with her because they felt like she rejoined the cast to get press for herself and her business.  They said she didn't gel with the rest of the cast. 

If you watch the trailer, Leah calls her a "Karen" which is a term I just cannot stand.  Seems to be the standard go-to insult nowadays. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

The show premiers tonight at 10:00, so it's late.

I don't know what to believe about the Heather situation.  What I read was that she quit filming after she got into an altercation with Leah at Ramona's house.  Supposedly Heather had also made some unkind comments about Sonja's plastic surgery and said some unkind things about LuAnn in her podcast and none of the cast was thrilled to be filming with her because they felt like she rejoined the cast to get press for herself and her business.  They said she didn't gel with the rest of the cast. 

If you watch the trailer, Leah calls her a "Karen" which is a term I just cannot stand.  Seems to be the standard go-to insult nowadays. 

@Lipstickdiva Interesting!!!!!! I would be very dissappointed that Heather acted that way, she seemed more mature than that in the past anyway-but who knows?? I hate that term "Karen" as well-stupid! I didn't realize it was on so late! I thought it was on at 8pm CST........ 

Honored Contributor

Re: RHONY New Taglines...

[ Edited ]

Another thing I didn't like last season concerning Leah (along with the drunk and mentally unstable behavior) was when they brought her sister in. 

Leah and her sister seemed to want to make it know that they were younger, prettier, and had better bodys than the older cast mates.

I don't remember exactly what happened (it was a situation in a Bar or Restaurant with Ramona) but Leah did mention being younger, better looking, and men would want her over the other women.

That was a complete turn off to me. Ramona is obnoxious enough. The two of them in competition is too much for me.

Honored Contributor

Hold up.  It comes on at 9:00 est.  My DVR is picking it up at 10:00 so I'm going to have to make the adjustment.  I'm wondering if the guide is off?    

I noticed that the Dallas reunion doesn't start until 10:30 tonight.  I wonder if NY is on for an hour and a half or or Dallas isn't starting until after WWHL?

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Hold up.  It comes on at 9:00 est.  My DVR is picking it up at 10:00 so I'm going to have to make the adjustment.  I'm wondering if the guide is off?    

I noticed that the Dallas reunion doesn't start until 10:30 tonight.  I wonder if NY is on for an hour and a half or or Dallas isn't starting until after WWHL?

I live in Colorado (MT) and it starts at 10pm to 11:30 pm. It is 90 minutes.

Honored Contributor

@DREAMON wrote:

Another thing I didn't like last season concerning Leah (along with the drunk and mentally unstable behavior) was when they brought her sister in. 

Leah and her sister seemed to want to make it know that they were younger, prettier, and had better bodys than the older cast mates.

I don't remember exactly what happened (it was a situation in a Bar or Restaurant with Ramona) but Leah did mention being younger, better looking, and men would want her over the other women.

That was a complete turn off to me. Ramona is obnoxious enough. The two of them in competition is too much for me.

@DREAMON I remember that and I don't like that either.  It seems to be a theme on NY and OC.....to make derogatory comments about some of the women's ages and claim it's a joke.  Emily used to do it a lot on OC and it always bothered me.

There are always going to be people younger and prettier and some didn't need plastic surgery, injections, implants, etc. to get that way.