Honored Contributor

Anyone surprised?

Luann de Lesseps is a housewife no more.

The Real Housewives of New York City star announced on Twitter Thursday that she and husband Tom D'Agostino had split after just seven months of marriage.

'It's with great sadness that Tom & I agreed to divorce. We care for each other very much, hope you respect our privacy during this sad time!' wrote Luann.

Her co-star Ramona Singer was one of the first to comment on the split, responding to Luann's announcement on Twitter by writing: 'I am so sad for you ....' 

Luann had been the only member of the cast who was married this season, with three of the women divorced (Ramona, Bethenny Frankel and Tinsley Mortimer) and two widows (Carole Radziwill and Dorinda Medley).

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Anyone surprised?

The Real Housewives of New York City star announced on Twitter Thursday that she and husband Tom D'Agostino had split after just seven months of marriage.

'It's with great sadness that Tom & I agreed to divorce. We care for each other very much, hope you respect our privacy during this sad time!' wrote Luann.

Her co-star Ramona Singer was one of the first to comment on the split, responding to Luann's announcement on Twitter by writing: 'I am so sad for you ....' 

Luann had been the only member of the cast who was married this season, with three of the women divorced (Ramona, Bethenny Frankel and Tinsley Mortimer) and two widows (Carole Radziwill and Dorinda Medley).

I no longer have cable and I miss these shows..No, not surprised at all!!!!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

i feel bad for her.  she's just too good for the creep.

Esteemed Contributor

She knew he was a creep but she just wanted the fairy tale so bad she ignored all the red flags. I still feel bad for her. So public and embarrassing.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@ladyroxanne wrote:

She doesn't need a man..she has her friends and she should enjoy her life..he seemed like an opportunist to me..maybe I've watched too many Lifetime movies..lol!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Respected Contributor

She shouldn't have married him in the first place and she knew it.  So they went from beginning to date  to marriage to filing for divorce within a year.

Valued Contributor

Wow... I guess she could not keep pretending all was well, it must have been something really bad for her to finally end the marriage.  She just wanted to be happy, but, unfortunately she married a cheater.  I truly believe that B hated to be the one to initially tell her about the cheating, but, LuAnne just did not want to believe it.  So sorry for her heartache.

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Honored Contributor

And they said it wouldn't last!  She just wanted a wedding. 

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Anyone surprised?

Nope, not surprised at all, but I did think they would divorce over him cheating........

Honored Contributor

I feel very sorry for her, I believe she really loved him, and wanted things to work out!  I think maybe once they married, she thought he would change, but I hope her "friends" keep their "I told you so" comments to themselves!!!