Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: RESURRECTION fans -- check out THE RETURNED on the A&E channel

On 3/10/2015 smokymtngal said:

this show is an exact U.S. remake of The Returned (Les Revenants), the French horror series that aired on the Sundance Channel last year. (It's really nothing like the American show Resurrection but I can see that it might appeal to the same audience.) I watched this first episode on A & E last night and it is almost a word for word remake of the French series. It's surprisingly good for an American remake, although I think the French version is a little creepier. There is going to be a 2nd season of the French version and I sure hope the Sundance Channel will carry it.

I watched the French series of Les Revenants, and LOVED it. I read Sundance TV will be airing the second season sometime in the Fall. I can't wait.

I haven't watched the American version that's on A&E right now, but I DVRed it, and will watch it later. Glad to hear you and LoveShelties both liked it.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

On 3/14/2015 i like celery said:
On 3/10/2015 smokymtngal said:

this show is an exact U.S. remake of The Returned (Les Revenants), the French horror series that aired on the Sundance Channel last year. (It's really nothing like the American show Resurrection but I can see that it might appeal to the same audience.) I watched this first episode on A & E last night and it is almost a word for word remake of the French series. It's surprisingly good for an American remake, although I think the French version is a little creepier. There is going to be a 2nd season of the French version and I sure hope the Sundance Channel will carry it.

I watched the French series of Les Revenants, and LOVED it. I read Sundance TV will be airing the second season sometime in the Fall. I can't wait.

I haven't watched the American version that's on A&E right now, but I DVRed it, and will watch it later. Glad to hear you and LoveShelties both liked it.

I like the American series (so far). But I'm with you, I loved the French series. I just read that they will probably take the American series in a different direction after the 8th episode. The French series only had 8 episodes in season one. I don't know if that will make the American series more interesting because it will be different or if that will make me lose interest.

I'm glad Sundance will show the 2nd season of Les Revenants.

Respected Contributor

smokymtngal, I read that, too, in regards to the American series going in a different direction after episode 8. I'm with you on not knowing if the difference will make me lose interest, after having watched the original French series!

♥ Life is beauty full ♥